Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OT: Any Fluid Handling experts here?, Small scale engineering help requested
lotus_65
post Apr 8 2010, 10:08 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,795
Region Association: Northstar Region

Hi good people, you are the best resource I have at hand, so I'm throwing this out to you all:

At work, I/we utilize 2-2.5 gallon pressure pots that hold 2 similar liquid (gloss & matte) materials (basically glue) that we use to coat our products with an hvlp gun using 10lbs pressure in our spray booth.

Some clients want a combination of the 2 coatings to create a 3rd semi-gloss/satin finish. Best case scenario is that I could mix/blend the 2 in-line somehow, because we could easily customize the coatings per the client's request.

It's logical to me to relate these 2 liquids as something similar to hot and cold water, and I want to be able to coat my products with hot, warm or cold liquid using a manifold to dial the percentages.

As I'm writing this, I feel like it would be ideal to have some type of ball valve at the gun, receiving the two fluid lines, and allowing me to dial the mix right there.

Does anyone know what I'm trying to say, and have a direction to share?

Thanks-
paul
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 09:45 PM