Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> I got a worth y cause and need some input
Dr Evil
post Apr 9 2010, 11:41 PM
Post #1

Send me your transmission!

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,372
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Alrighty fellas, I have stumbled upon what I feel is a worthy cause and I need some ideas on how to raise some money.

Here is an email from Troy (Messix) who has been posting about his trial and tribulations with a custody battle over his daughter. This email was to me only so you all have not seen it, but is beats paraphrasing it.

"Mike,
a little back round on what the issues are. my ex has had a drinking problem and in the last couple of years it has gotten very bad. this has been tough to prove since my ex lies about almost every thing and is very manipulative, last november she was arrested for dui , this is her third dui in 10 years, her second was 3 years ago and also included an assault charge, this was deferred and she was on probation. she now faces her current dui and she has been charged again on the one she was on probation for, she entered treatment and her and boyfriend with held that she had been arrested and that she was in treatment, they even had my daughter lie for them about it, i had only found out about what had happened when one of my ex's older adult daughters called and told me what was happening. she also filled me in on some things that had happened that showed how detrimental it was for my daughter to have been living with the mother. this is when i had to take action.

things went well today. the judge found cause for this to go to trial, and the judge also took more action to limit the time my daughter is with her mom. if i did not live over an hour away from my daughters school the judge would have granted my daughter to me full time but the judge did not want to take my daughter out of her school so close to the school year ending. so this means that i will have to transport my daughter to school three days a week and have every week end with my daughter, she is only with her mother to allow her to be in school with out such a long commute to school a couple of days a week. there has also been issues raised by the gal and the judge about my ex's boyfriend and how he has over stepped his role to my daughter.
i am going to need alot of help. this is very hard for me to do, i have a hard time with my pride getting in the way when i am in over my head. and that is where i find myself right now.
as of today i owe my dad $3500. i also owe the guardian ad lit em $2000. and my attorney $3000. these are just what is due at this time. my expenses are still accruing and by june i will need a $6000. trial retainer

if could e-mail you some of the reports if it would help you understand what has been going on.

if you would like to relate any of this to other world members you have my permission.
bottom line i do need help, any help i could get would be very much appreciated

thank you so very much for your concern and help."

We can all appreciate the situation, many more personally than others. As the product of an alcoholic, crazy mother, I have a more personal interest. Troy has a hard time asking for help, but he needs it. Any ideas on resources? I can build another tranz and auction it. It should net us at least $1000. I was considering feeling out the membership, but I wanted to get some other points of view before going it alone.

Thinking caps on!

Thanks guys (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 05:12 PM