Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> WOT: Termite Inspection, How an I going to pay for this?
boxstr
post Mar 31 2004, 08:55 PM
Post #21

MEMBER:PACIFIC NORTHWEST REGION

Group: Members
Member No.: 12
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

any real estae commision can be a staritng point, if you wish to get an agent that will charge 3% then you are getting what you pay for, very minumal exposure of your home. Very limited advertising, which the re agent pays for.
Home sellers do not realize all of the costs that real estate agents can incur in the sale of a home. Let's go to the doctor and ask them to reduce there fee since it only took them 10 minutes to fill out a perscription and say " call me in the morning".
As far as the termite damage Calif. requires that you have the items in need of repair done by you the seller before the home is on the open market.
I would get a termite inspection from a reputable inspector, call around and if you need to get more than one inspection do it.
Also, do you have a company that treats your home for termites at the present time?? If yes then you may be able to look at your contract and find that they are liable for any needed repairs.
I found this on a home I own in Palm Desert. Termites in the kitchen wall, I have a contract and they inspected found that I was covered and I am replacing the kitchen, complete. Money well spent.
Good luck.
CCLINWOODBORINGPESTS
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
bernbomb914
post Mar 31 2004, 09:05 PM
Post #22

one of the oldest Farts on this board

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 36

just remember that you have to disclose in writing any problem that you know about when you list the house. Also if your insurance CO pays for a claim from water damage you may not be able to get new insurance on it when it sells. They are so scared of the mold problems that they will blackball your home.
I am also a Real Estate Broker and do not want to be sued over this kind of issue. (any Issue) any issue that is not disclosed will not be covered with AS IS

Bernie
+Quote Post
PatW
post Mar 31 2004, 09:27 PM
Post #23

Wassup?

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 317
Region Association: Northern California

Hey Chung.

Thanks for the info.. I might have to look you up if I need to get this resolved.

The rest of you keep at each other. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif) .. I'm soaking it all in.. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)
+Quote Post
GWN7
post Mar 31 2004, 10:08 PM
Post #24

King of Road Trips

Group: Members
Member No.: 56
Region Association: Northstar Region

I have to agree with Chunger. Remodeling takes twice as long and costs twice as much as new construction. Nothing is ever square or level and why the put those pipes/wires in like that you can never figure out.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 11:10 PM