Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Fuel Starvation, seems to be heat related...
black73
post Apr 15 2010, 03:43 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,801
Region Association: South East States

This has happened two times in the past couple of weeks...

The 914 runs great in the morning on the way to work, about 35 miles one way, mostly interstate, driving 70-80 mph. On the way home is a different story. Ater 25-30 miles it starts cutting out until it finally dies and I coast to the shoulder. The first time I had it towed home, thinking it was a bad electrical connection. Changed the relay board to a known good one and took off again this morning. Ran good this morning, but quit again about 5 miles from home. This time I crawled underneath and pulled the harnees off the fuel pump and ran two wires directly to the battery. The fuel pump worked and I was able to get it started. BUT it quit again about a mile from home. I disconnected my jumper to the fuel pump and sat there about 5 minutes, tried again and it started and I was able to get it home.
I'm thinking the fuel pump is dying a slow death, but I wanted to get some other opinions before I spring for a new one. It's been kinda hot here, temps in the mid 80's, but it ran fine last summer with temps in the 90's, making the same trip.

It'a a 73 1.7 djet , 3 hole pump I bought from AA about 2 years ago, mounted on the fire wall.

Sorry for the long post.

Any help would be very much appreciated.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th May 2024 - 08:52 AM