Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Highs and Lows this month, latest tally
boiledcabbage
post Apr 15 2010, 06:19 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,131

So - here are my latest highs and lows -(others I am sure have better and worse!)

High: its spring, rollout the 914 (74 1.8); 914world as interesting as ever

Low: still has last summers starting problem (catches then dies): has fuel, spark intermittently, turnover, no starty; suspect my crappy coil and crappier harness

High: Jim Hoyland takes the time to provide harness diagrams (very helpful - thx): Jeff Bowlsby ships me a replacement harness (expecting any day now); order some miscellaneous parts from AA; come in 5 days!

Low:113$ in parts; 58$ shipping and handling; parts I really wanted not available- God its nice to live in Canada

High - found a friendly VW mechanic to look at the car (have not been able to locate any real 914 expertise in Ottawa Canada - clearly backwoods here)

Low - 2 weeks later he appears to be giving up - suggests could be a valve train problem - has good spark (coil was crappy), fuel, not catching any more, compression only 90 on cylinder 3; about 115 on the others - may have to bring it home to pull the passenger head - shit
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th May 2024 - 08:35 PM