Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 19mm Master Cylinder ground wire, oops
flipb
post Apr 15 2010, 07:29 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,752
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

My '74 has a 19mm Master Cylinder.

The dash warning light has been flashing incessantly - I disconnected it a while ago. Tonight I was busy breaking my horn mechanism in the steering wheel (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) and I decided to try to reset the button on the MC to stop the flashing.

Here's the deal. With the car on the ground and a flashlight, I managed to find the reset button. Hit it, reconnected the warning light on the dash, and it now functions correctly. (stops when the parking brake is released)

However while I was reaching in there, I accidentally disconnected what looks like a Ground wire. I don't think I have any hope of finding where it connects without taking the car to a shop and getting it up on a lift, so...

What is the risk of driving it with the ground wire disconnected from the MC?

I don't think I've ever fixed something on this car without (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sheeplove.gif) something else. If it's not one thing, it's another. (Or as Freud put it: If it's not one thing, it's your mother.)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th May 2024 - 02:23 AM