Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Insurance Company - Good Call
montoya 73 2.0
post Apr 18 2010, 07:46 PM
Post #21

Lack of consideration to others, and Selfish!

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,016
Region Association: Central California

My wife is a licensed Insurance agent (Licensed for Oregon, Idaho, California and nevada) she works for a independent agent and she says if you have a vehicle that you are trying to insure as a classic car you should really look at your policy to see what the AGREED value is. Also, you really need to view the policy to see "if you were to be at a total loss" how does the policy pay? She states that the total loss pay out is the main thing to know. Read your policy to know that what the agent says, is what the company is actually going to do. Most people assume that they have a certain type of coverage until there is a total loss and then they find out the company will only pay actual cash value.

If I had a car that was insured as a "Classic car", I would go with Hagerty. They do use agreed value but there are limitations.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
carr914
post Apr 19 2010, 07:50 AM
Post #22

Racer from Birth
****************************************************************************************************

Member No.: 1,623
Region Association: South East States

My former Ins Co was Condon & Skelly - part of MetLife.

My new Company is Heacock Classics.

I previously had Zurich American - they paid out every cent of our agreed value policy of $15,000 on a restored 73 914 2.0 in 1997

T.C.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Apr 19 2010, 11:12 AM
Post #23

TMI....

Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(carr914 @ Apr 19 2010, 06:50 AM) *

My former Ins Co was Condon & Skelly - part of MetLife.

My new Company is Heacock Classics.

I previously had Zurich American - they paid out every cent of our agreed value policy of $15,000 on a restored 73 914 2.0 in 1997

T.C.

Thanx TC! Good to know about Zurich! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I don't think C&S is approved for CA, but Met probably has another affiliate here to watch. I wanted to check out Heacock (whom I'd seen in Pano, etc.), Haggerty, AAA & a few others on the agreed value policies available here in CA.

I'd like to know more about that growing value with resto progress "jackstands" policy somebody mentioned here! Maybe Montoya's wife knows about that here in CA, being a registered agent here!!?? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

I'm in a Catch 22" until I get it running again, because, mine has been on blocks in my garage since 85, but the non-op fell out after DMV failed to send me a renewal in 92/93 & then the jerks wanted $1200+ in penalties for a week late when I called them about it (renews 12/26 but I caught it 12/29 +/-), plus to bring it in for a new smog check - even after I told them it hadn't been running since 86 smog! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)

Now I think I still have to take it in with my paperwork to get it back to non-op for an inspection - even if the smog would be waived - which it may not because they'd have no way of knowing if it still has the original smog eqpt. still on as technically required to be exempt here. God knows what they'd want in fees/etc. after being an unregistered hulk for 18 years - esp. with registration fees up here due to the budget shortfall! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

Anyhoooo - if I could get the work in progress insured as it sits here, body shop tbd & my mechanic's shop - then I'd rest easier.
+Quote Post
dgw
post Apr 22 2010, 09:25 PM
Post #24

Dennis Winter

Member No.: 106
Region Association: Northern California

I have State Farm. I've had it for many years. A few years ago I wrecked a 71 six. Single car accident, I had no idea what happened. Later I found that the throttle had stuck and I looped and wrecked the car before I knew what was happening. The insurance story is good news/bad news. I had the car insured for 25K. State Farm totaled it, which I was going to fight until they offered me 30K for it, and sold it back to me for $600. It had a 3.0 and a 915 in it. I couldn't turn down the deal.

My insurance rates were not increased because I was a long time customer.

I've had several agents over the years, fortunately most of them were car folks. Unfortunately my most recent agent recently died unexpectedly. I need to find a new SF agent who likes cars.

Oh, the six has been completely restored by another Porsche nut.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th June 2024 - 08:57 AM