Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Model Specific Information

914/4: 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 914/6: 70 71 72

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> It's time, Thinking a new moderator would be a plus
Pat Garvey
post Apr 21 2010, 07:28 PM
Post #1

Do I or don't I...........?

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,765
Region Association: North East States

Look guys & gals, this forum is stagnant. I blame myself for this, but I've run
out of ideas. Probably shouldn't kill myself over this but as moderator I SHOULD be able to stimulate. Just can't come up with anything new. I have become bored with this forum - that's right. I have nothing further to offer, from an origianlity standpoint. This happened once before and we had a kick in interest. This time, I think we need new blood.

I'm only a 63 year old old fart. I love my 914, but have had too many life changing events in the last year. I'm kinda tired. Though the spark is still there, I have too many other things going on. And it's time to find another Mod.

As you all know, I'm an opinionated SOB when it comes to originality. I've hurt some feelings in the past & regret it. All of you "originalists" are near to my Porsche heart.

As of May 1, I'm just another pleeb.
Pat
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Apr 21 2010, 07:35 PM
Post #2

TMI....

Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

Sorry to see you step down, & hope you'll still offer your sage O&H/CW advice here! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I'm sure that Fritz needs your full attention now! Are you still planning that around the US trip in the 914?

Tom T
///////
+Quote Post
Pat Garvey
post Apr 21 2010, 07:52 PM
Post #3

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Apr 21 2010, 07:35 PM) *

Sorry to see you step down, & hope you'll still offer your sage O&H/CW advice here! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I'm sure that Fritz needs your full attention now! Are you still planning that around the US trip in the 914?

Tom T
///////

Tom,
Yep!

Though this time I'll need pro help. Should happen is 2112, and it will be my last long term trip. Hoping to get a couple of friends to follow , at least periodically.

Updates coming.
Pat
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Apr 21 2010, 09:00 PM
Post #4

TMI....

Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Apr 21 2010, 06:52 PM) *

Tom T
///////

Tom,
Yep!

Though this time I'll need pro help. Should happen is 2112, and it will be my last long term trip. Hoping to get a couple of friends to follow , at least periodically.

Updates coming.
Pat

Hopefully you meant 2012 - cuz by 2112 you'll be a really (IMG:style_emoticons/default/slits.gif) guy! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)
... if 2112 - not only will it be your last long trip, but historic as an 165 year old (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) !! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)

Hopefully also, my 914 resto will be done & up & running to do some when you get to this coast! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
Pat Garvey
post Apr 22 2010, 06:03 PM
Post #5

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Apr 21 2010, 09:00 PM) *

QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Apr 21 2010, 06:52 PM) *

Tom T
///////

Tom,
Yep!

Updates coming.
Pat

Hopefully you meant 2012 - cuz by 2112 you'll be a really (IMG:style_emoticons/default/slits.gif) guy! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)
... if 2112 - not only will it be your last long trip, but historic as an 165 year old (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) !! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)

Hopefully also, my 914 resto will be done & up & running to do some when you get to this coast! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

Oops! Damned fingers! Yes, I meant 2012. When I'm 165 (and I WILL be) I'll still be trying to find first gear.

Fritz will be getting my full attention this year. Things that I find I can no longer deal with will be farmed out, though I have no idea whom to, unless I move back to Cincy this year.

My thanks to all who've put up with my rantings in the last years. I don't apologize for my originality steadfastness. I also recognize that original parts are very limited. Yet, I've spent considerable time coming up with them. Guess it depends on your drive.

I'll be here from time to time, and will enjoy some fresh ideas. My run is complete.
Pat
+Quote Post
Ferg
post Apr 22 2010, 07:22 PM
Post #6

914 Guru

Member No.: 116
Region Association: None

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) To the giving up the Mod thing, you have done a fine job keeping the hooligans in check (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)

But I'm glad to hear that Fritz is on the front burner, get after it!

Look forward to your posts as it progresses.

Ferg
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Apr 23 2010, 07:13 AM
Post #7

Michael

Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

Pat:
Thank you for your time and hard work. I know your input shaped the direction I will take on my restoration. Good luck on Fritz and may you have many enjoyable top-off cruising days ahead of you. Michael
+Quote Post
Pat Garvey
post Apr 23 2010, 06:55 PM
Post #8

QUOTE(Ferg @ Apr 22 2010, 07:22 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) To the giving up the Mod thing, you have done a fine job keeping the hooligans in check (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)

But I'm glad to hear that Fritz is on the front burner, get after it!

Look forward to your posts as it progresses.

Ferg

Mike,
He's defintiely on the front burner, and shame on me for letting it get to this point. Lots of injection pieces to replace, but I like that stuff. Should fire up in about 3 weeks.

You are a very good friend & I appreciate any/all comments & advice.
Pat
+Quote Post
john grier
post Apr 24 2010, 09:09 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 2,265
Region Association: South East States

Pat this should not happen!
There is no one to take your place.
Thou you may be bored, the rest of us are not.
Please keep it up.
+Quote Post
914four
post Apr 24 2010, 10:43 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 7,582
Region Association: South East States

Thanks for all you have done moderating this forum and encouraging us all to keep our cars as original as possible. I do however look forward to your posts as a "regular" member.

Safe "914" travels.

Kelvin
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 06:51 PM