Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tweeks Swap Meet, Great for Corvette owners
STL914
post Apr 3 2004, 05:05 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,271
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Just returned from attending the swap meet at Tweeks in Effingham, IL. I 'm a bit disappointed in the amount of Porsche related stuff that was there. One 75 white 914 for sale, a lone Pedrini wheel, and perhaps two sets of SS heat exchangers. A couple of 911 Targas for sale too. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

If I owned a Corvete, this was the place to be. Tons of good Vette parts and one hell of a lot of cars. Some really nice Vettes at that.

Guess I'll just have to wait until they have there Funfest in June.

Anyone else make it today? Curious as to what you thought.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
736conver
post Apr 3 2004, 05:10 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 736
Region Association: None

I'm glad I didnt make the 6 hour trip just for that. I will wait for funfest. Always a good turn out for that.
+Quote Post
STL914
post Apr 3 2004, 05:19 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 1,271
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I spent 2 hrs on the road to get there, 2 hours return trip. All told, I spent $36;breakfast $6, lunch $10, gas
$20, Porsche stuff $0.

However, I did have some good quality time with my son listening to 4 hours Al Frankin's new Air America radio show. That was priceless. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)
+Quote Post
seanery
post Apr 3 2004, 07:34 PM
Post #4

waiting to rebuild whitey!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 100
Region Association: None

Doug Leggins & I made it-even had our 914 hats on. We got there about 8:30 or 9 local time. We walked really slowly and looked thouroghly through all the stuff, since there wasn't much. There was a very nice 70 /6 that looked like it might have a 3.0 stuffed inside. Nice ride! It left very early, too.

It was a waste of a swapmeet for porsche guys. The vettes ruled and there was a small to decent amount of VW stuff-even a Bug Limo (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) .
+Quote Post
campbellcj
post Apr 3 2004, 09:33 PM
Post #5

I can't Re Member

Member No.: 21
Region Association: Southern California

The Tweeks meets here in SoCal (Long Beach) in the early 90's were pretty nice. That was in the pre-web days so it was a key place to hunt for parts, along with Pomona. I also used to buy quite a lot of new parts at Tweeks as they had some good repro early 911 bits (decals, rubber, etc) and slightly better prices than Performance & Automotion.

I just got their latest catalog, reflecting the dump of the name Tweeks. How times change...
+Quote Post
eresener
post Apr 4 2004, 07:22 AM
Post #6

Dr. Sawsall

Member No.: 1,252

Sorry guys I didn't get to make it...all packed and ready to go on Firday night...then wife informs me that we have no hot water...you guessed it...water heater is toast...so I spend my saturday uninstalling water heater...driving 25 miles to the nearest home center buying the correct size returning home and doing the install...all told...about a 5 hour ordeal...oh well there is funfest in june....and the lunch next weekend...

Ed
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/sawzall-smiley.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 08:02 PM