Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Carbs flood car quick, Looking for PMO book
david63
post May 13 2010, 07:01 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,653
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Wanted to sort out a couple of things and now I am driving the car more often (yeah, actually a 914-6 not on stands - I do have a 914-4 on stand though). I was wondering about the PMO's I have not looked into the jet size, etc and am needing some guidelines on jets, etc. The car runs great but it is very prone to flood when first starting.

I moved the fuel pump to the front of the car because in West Texas if you don't you will fight the vapor lock issue. While I was at it I replaced all the rubber lines (already had stainless through the body) and I bumped the fuel regulator on the return side of the system. I have learned through trial and error how to start when it is cold but it is a hassle sometimes. The engine is a 2.5 short stroke 6 and is quite strong so I do not want to set things too lean; however, I would not mind leaning it out a little so it starts a little easier?

Anyone have any info on PMO carbs (I should probably just get fax PMO for data huh)?. Thought I would throw in a couple of photos of the car. It is Michel Richards 914-6 that he purchased from Jon Lowe. I am enjoying the car and once the blue car is finished and sold I will redo the interior and do a couple of other things to the 6.

Attached ImageAttached ImageAttached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th May 2024 - 10:03 PM