Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Engine break-in after initial run
Cevan
post May 17 2010, 12:19 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,351

I've searched here and at other sites for engine break-in procedures. I've done the cam break-in and the motor is now in the car with fresh 20-50 Brad Penn and a new oil filter. Valves have been checked. Fingers crossed.

From what I've gathered, most recommend warming up the engine and then doing a series of fairly hard accelerations under load followed by de-accelerations to help seat the rings, and in between, no sustained rpm driving. Some go as far as recommending you drive it like you stole it and others (Aircooled.net) say drive it easy for the first 100 miles.

I also tried to determine when best to change the oil. Do I need to change it at 100 miles and then again at 500 miles (and then every 3000 miles thereafter)?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 11:34 PM