Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> F*&^%NG FINALLY!!!!
scottb
post Apr 3 2004, 11:03 PM
Post #1

who wants a PEZ?!

Group: Members
Member No.: 32
Region Association: North East States

after nearly 5 months i got the teener out of the garage. not that it didn't run or there was another mechanical or electrical problem.... it was the constant friggin' snow!!!! took it for a 10 mile ride with the top off in 40F weather and filled it up with nice fresh petrol. then put it back in the garage as we are expecting 2-3 inches of snow on monday. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)

it is kind of like getting to know the car all over again. damn this thing is fun!!

though paying insurance for a car that you look at for 5 months blows.....

anyone in cali hiring large case underwriters? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Apr 3 2004, 11:12 PM
Post #2

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

scott, won't your insurance co let you put the car on storage insurance during the winter months. i have 3 on sometimes. i call and inform them i need to use one for the day and full coverage is back on. if i don't abuse it, they don't care or ask for more money. it's always nice to get the car out after a winters sleep.

kevin
+Quote Post
morph
post Apr 3 2004, 11:19 PM
Post #3

quality parts builder

Member No.: 1,389
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

We have the same type of insurance. if I drive it like 5 days a month or less and call the insurance office when I drive it, they will insure it for about $5 a month. This is through Allstate.
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Apr 3 2004, 11:24 PM
Post #4

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

exactly. one of those things they don't tell you about. i had to ask.

kevin
+Quote Post
partsman
post Apr 4 2004, 10:00 AM
Post #5

forever hooked

Member No.: 1,726
Region Association: North East States

Nah, here in Taxachusettes, you have to turn in your plates to stop your insurance, and that cancels your registration. I live east of Scott, almost to the coast, and have to say that this board causes me to constantly re-think my choice of where to hang my hat. I can't imagine being able to drive my car all year..well, there's always retirement.
BTW, I have my car registrated as an antique, so with full coverage(agreed value) I only pay about $400 a year in insurance. Of course that means(according to the great commonwealth I live in) that I will only drive my car on Sat, Sun, events of public intrest, and to and from a repair shop..(hmm, I work at a Porsche dealer...If I ever get stopped going to work, I just say I taking the car to the repair shop) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool_shades.gif)

Eric
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 07:52 PM