Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Electrical gremlin help needed
type2man
post May 25 2010, 02:12 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,127
Region Association: South East States

So the other day I decided to take my 914 out for a drive. About 20 mins. into the drive, the alternator light came on so I stopped and checked the belt and it was there. Started it back up and drove it home. On the way home, anytime I would press the brake pedal, the temp gauge and fuel gauge would drop to zero.

Drove for another 20 mins. until I got home. Turned it off, and when I turned the ignition back on, neither the oil or the generator light would come on, but the car would start right up. So I shut it off and when I got out of the car I noticed the right front turn signal, marker light and tailamp were on. So I disconnected the battery and that's where I am at. Anytime I hook the battery up, the right lights come on. The car starts but the oil and alt. light will not come on.

Any ideas of where to start looking? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Patrick
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 09:04 PM