Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Revolution Wheels - Standard Lugs?, What to use?
DuckRyder
post Apr 6 2004, 05:25 PM
Post #1

Avatars Mode: OFF because of the recalcitrant few.

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 110

Got the Revolution wheels on the 914 (thanks paul), just wondering if they are designed to use standard lugs (rounded seat) or something else (straight taper)?

Got the Exhaust on (thanks chris - those welds are art)

and the shift linkage and two (really) leaking pushrod tubes are all thats keping it off the road.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
F4i
post Apr 6 2004, 05:33 PM
Post #2

914 DOG!

Member No.: 1,460

When I ordered my revolution wheels Tom said that the taper on the stock 914 bolt is wrong. I cannot remember what the proper one is. I would give them a call.
BTW that is for the 17" wheel.
+Quote Post
Revolution Wheels
post Apr 6 2004, 06:03 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,879

Hi, This is Tom at Revolution.
Our wheels are designed to use a fastener with a 60 degree tapered seat in most cases. If you want to give me a call at 800-872-5894 and fill me in with which wheels you have, I'll do my best to help you out!
+Quote Post
URY914
post Apr 6 2004, 07:14 PM
Post #4

I built the lightest 914 in the history of mankind.
****************************************************************************************************

Member No.: 222
Region Association: None

Robert,
I use the longer stock bolts. The standard stock ones are too short. I'll measure the ones I use and Pm you the length. I never had a problem with them coming loose, even at track events.

Paul
+Quote Post
DuckRyder
post Apr 6 2004, 08:15 PM
Post #5

Avatars Mode: OFF because of the recalcitrant few.

Member No.: 110

Thanks Paul, I have them on there with the stock long alloy lug bolts (car came with Alloys)

Tom, I'll call you end of this week or begining of next, they are the standard 5 flat spoke wheels (RFX I think) in 15/7.
+Quote Post
maf914
post Apr 7 2004, 06:48 AM
Post #6

Not a Guru!

Member No.: 632
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Revolution Wheels @ Apr 6 2004, 04:03 PM)
Hi, This is Tom at Revolution.
Our wheels are designed to use a fastener with a 60 degree tapered seat in most cases. If you want to give me a call at 800-872-5894 and fill me in with which wheels you have, I'll do my best to help you out!

Tom,

My Revolution RFX wheels, which I bought in 1991 from Revolution in England, came with bolts which have a washer. These fit into a recess in the wheel bolt holes. The bolt hole in the wheel has a square shoulder.

Is this an older style?

Mike
+Quote Post
Revolution Wheels
post Apr 7 2004, 08:23 AM
Post #7

Hi MIke,
Revolution has used a Sleeve Bolt in the past with some of the applications when the PCD is wide, which is what I assume they did with your wheels. Since yours were made, they found a way to use the 60 degree dome bolt instead.

Just a note on using the stock beveled fastener rather than the 60 degree fastener on our wheels...although the beveled fastener will tighten up, there is not the proper surface contact that the wheel was designed with. This condition can cause two potential problems. One is that the fastener could possibly loosen. Two, the beveled fastener has a limited amount of surface contact which puts a concentrated and narrow amount of stress in the fastening area when torqued to spec...the wheel doesn't like this! The 14x1.5 lug bolts with the 60 degree seating area provide much more surface contact and therefore distribute the torque load more evenly and better. I'm not trying to sell you bolts, as they are available from a number of sources besides myself, but just want to be sure there won't be any nasty incidents...Safety First!

Tom
+Quote Post
jonwatts
post Apr 30 2004, 09:41 AM
Post #8

no rules, just wrong

Member No.: 141

I need a set of lug nuts (not bolts) with tapered seat (not domed seat). Open-ended steel nuts, same thread as factory 911.

Any sources? (couldn't find anything in the archives)

Thanks as always!
+Quote Post
Revolution Wheels
post Apr 30 2004, 10:30 AM
Post #9

Hi Jon,

I have them in stock, give me a call...800-872-5894, and we can ship them out to you.

Tom
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th May 2024 - 04:38 AM