Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> On Topic: Missing above 3k rpm, under load only
djm914-6
post Apr 6 2004, 08:54 PM
Post #1

Happiness is: Getting on the road

Group: Members
Member No.: 248
Region Association: None

So, I'm cruising down the road and step on the gas to pass a few cars but the car doesn't go anywhere. Instead of the usual vrooom to red line, I gat a bunch of flat sounding sputters. When I let the car cruise, it runs fine. Of the line is good also untill I reach ~ 3200 RPM. No mater what I do, I can't go past 4k, even nursing it.

I'll see what happens tomorrow when I put the muffler caps back on, but I can't see how 3 exits would run worse than one exit. What should I be looking for? My boss thinks plug wires, but he's a Healey guy so of couse he'd guess electric faults.

I'm looking for some real basic pointers here is you got 'em. I'd love to fix this one myself.

Thanks All, (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
djm914-6   On Topic: Missing above 3k rpm   Apr 6 2004, 08:54 PM
campbellcj   My first guess(es) would be ignition related, just...   Apr 6 2004, 11:00 PM
Curvie Roadlover   Also could be the throttle position sensor   Apr 7 2004, 04:06 AM
ArtechnikA  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th May 2024 - 03:17 PM