Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> L-jet fuel pump question
High Path
post Jun 22 2010, 02:40 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,516
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I have a 1974 1.8

while the car is idling I can hear the fuel pump running (it is a non-Porsche part, moved to the front trunk by PO), however it isn't running consistently. I hear it wax and wane over the period of a few seconds. Kind of like a rotating tornado siren, only faster (and quieter (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) )

So here is my question... is this normal, or should it be running at a constant pitch whenever the car is running.

If it is normal for it to wax and wane, what signal is telling the pump to slow down, then speed up again, all while under a constant load (parked and idling).

The reason I ask is that the fuel pump hasn't run for a year, and I just recently got it running (high resistance connection on relay board, subject for another post). Last year the car ran well enough to take out on the highway, but I thought I was hearing a continuous pitch from the fuel pump. Now the car cuts out on acceleration and struggles to go around the block.

Thanks
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 06:12 PM