Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Cold Condensation on Intake Manifolds (weber IDFs)
tornik550
post Jun 22 2010, 08:04 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,486
Region Association: None

I recently replaced my intake manifolds on my 914. I had a crack in my old manifolds from over-torquing them, Now I noticed that I have a lot of cold condensation on my new intake manifolds after running the engine (I didn't notice this with the old carbs but I dont remember ever checking). It occurs on all cylinders. I have a 2.27l with dual weber idfs. It is idling a little rough but I am working on some jetting issues so I am not sure what is causing that (I assume the jetting issues). I removed one of the carbs about 5 minutes after running th engine and there was a large amount of "fog" in both manifolds. I couldn't smell it from my position so I couldn't tell if it was gas vapor or water vapor. The intake manifolds are very cold. My engine is sucking in a large amount of air. With my "snail" synchronizer, the readings are always towards the top (25) at idle).

Is this normal? Any ideas?

Also, when I changed my intake manifolds, I also changed to 34mm venturis from 32. This is why I am changing my jetting. I assume that the vent increase is the cause of the increased air. Not sure if that is the cause of the condensation.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 11:22 AM