Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Intermittent fuel pressure drop (carbs) daily driver
theo
post Jul 10 2010, 04:20 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,417

Hi ,I have a 1.7 with a single webber. Most of the time everything is normal with 5 lb of fuel pressure however, recently it began to completely randomly drop fuel pressure, (many times to the point of stalling the engine). I would be driving at a constant speed… and all of a sudden there would be no power and it would just stall. Anyway I have yet to track down the problem and would appreciate any input or advice. I have a pressure gauge on the fuel line before it enters the carb. And there is a notable fuel pressure drop. I installed stainless steel fuel line most of the way from the tank to the engine. I relocated the fuel pump forward to the cavity under the car below the tank. The pump is a low pressure in line pump, (recently replaced) . The pump is wired with the ground to the frame and the positive wire is connected to the coil (so there is 12 volts to the pump when the key is in the on position). I have tested, and connected the pump directly to 12 v battery and there is still no pressure at the gauge. Recently I removed and cleaned out the tank and screen in the bottom, and of course I have replaced the filter several times. Anyway this one has me stumped… I would appreciate any input and suggestions… could it possibly be a faulty fuel pump? Its under a year old
Thanks,
Theo B
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 05:40 AM