Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cylinder 4 not firing- HELP!
tornik550
post Aug 1 2010, 07:20 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,486
Region Association: None

QUOTE(SGB @ Jul 30 2010, 09:44 AM) *

My simple brain wonders if the intake manifold on that side is tight (at the carb or maybe even the head)...

Also, what about the air bypass screws on the carbs?

1.60 mains is BIG. I tried 1.55 but went back to 1.50. I think I have 210 correctors.

Are you sure the dizzy is in right?

I am in the process of learning- what would a tight manifold do?

I have checked my air bypass screws. Cyl 2 and 4 are turned in completely and cyl 1 and 3 are about 1/4 turn out.

I think that I need to get a better selection of air correction jets. I was working on the car a few weeks ago and my box of jets feel of the trunk, I found all the jets except most of my AC jets.

I checked my dizzy, it is installed correctly however it seems to me that my timing is off even though the dizzy has not rotated from the last time I set it (I made a mark on the dizzy and case).

Thanks for the help
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
type2man
post Aug 1 2010, 07:47 PM
Post #22

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,127
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(tornik550 @ Aug 1 2010, 09:20 PM) *

QUOTE(SGB @ Jul 30 2010, 09:44 AM) *

My simple brain wonders if the intake manifold on that side is tight (at the carb or maybe even the head)...

Also, what about the air bypass screws on the carbs?

1.60 mains is BIG. I tried 1.55 but went back to 1.50. I think I have 210 correctors.

Are you sure the dizzy is in right?

I am in the process of learning- what would a tight manifold do?

I have checked my air bypass screws. Cyl 2 and 4 are turned in completely and cyl 1 and 3 are about 1/4 turn out.

Thanks for the help

All four air bypass screws must be tightened all the way in(dont overtighten). What you have sounds like a carb problem. I have run 50 idles on a 2.0L with a cam and headers. Anything more than 55 is a bit rich. I wouldnt mess with anything else other than the carbs at this point. Carbs can be tricky, but once you learn how they work..... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 03:46 PM