Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> easy question about flares, spacers, and 5 lug conversion., Will I use the same 1" spacer after my conversion?
jk76.914
post Aug 14 2010, 02:13 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,925
Region Association: North East States

This is an easy one, I think. I have a '76 with steel flares. Flares are factory Porsche, installed in 2002. Not repros. I did a true 5 lug conversion in the rear, using real NOS 914/6 stub axles, NOS 914/6 CVs & axles, '68 912 hubs, new 914/6 rotors, and my rebuilt 914/4 calipers. I'm running a 1" spacer on one side and a 7/8" spacer on the other under 15x7 911 OEM Fuchs windmills (not repros).

On the front, I temporarily installed 5 lug adapters, 1" thick. I wanted to get the car on the road. The 1" spacing has worked perfectly with the flares and the 15x7 Fuchs. Meanwhile, I managed to pick up real 914/6 front struts, M calipers, and new Bilstein shocks. I'm getting ready to finish the conversion I started back in '02, but I need to determine what spacer I'll need up front to match the stackup I have now with the 1" adapters on my 914/4 hubs.

I guess I'm asking if the mounting plane on the 914/6 suspension is at the same location as the same surface on the 914/4 front end. If so, I'll get 1" (or 25mm) spacer plates and be good to go.

Thanks,
Jim

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Project 6
post Aug 14 2010, 02:44 PM
Post #2

large member

Group: Members
Member No.: 51
Region Association: None

What size tires?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th May 2024 - 08:30 AM