Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Neil Young was right, Rust never sleeps.
gopack
post Aug 29 2010, 04:45 PM
Post #1

CHEESEHEAD in CA, MARK

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,472
Region Association: Northern California

Well I am thinking about getting going on my car after it has sat for almost 4 years collecting dust. The body shop left it in primer, and mostly block sanded in OCT of 2006. It has been neglected in my garage for most of that time due to employment setbacks (I was out of work for 25% of that time). Now that I feel settled in my new job, and comfortable that it will not go away, I was thinking about just putting it together and driving it in primer, just to have it running. I figured better to drive than look at it in the garage, right? Well I rolled it out of the garage to spray it off, since it got a bit of road salt on it when Rick (rick 918-S) dragged it out here to California in March or so. Well after I hose it off, I start to notice all the ugly rust areas! WTF, I was hoping that the primer would at least keep the metal from oxidizing while it sat! Now I guess I have to start to think about geting it finished with paint prep and get at least a cheap paint job on it! makes me wish I had the time, room and skills to paint it, but I look at it and wonder how the hell any one would go about prepping all the nooks and crannies for paint?
some pics of the (minor) rust:

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 07:51 AM