Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 6th Annual All Air Cooled Gathering, September 19, 2010
dcheek
post Sep 1 2010, 10:38 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,103

Just a reminder that the 6th Annual All Air Cooled Gathering will be held on September 19, 2010 at the German Sports and Swim Club in Flanders, New Jersey. As in the the past I'm inviting all 914 owners, along with all other air cooled Porsche owners to show their pride and joy. Last year we had 250 cars (mostly VW's with the exception of 19 Porsches). The venue is really unique in that its held at a private German Social Club with a beautiful full grass soccer field (actually several fields) along with German food and beer on tap. Yes, I did say beer is being served at the "club house" bar. This is a charity event where a portion of the proceeds will help Operation Jersey Cares, an organization that provides support and care for current and past NJ Combat Veterans. There will also be some parts vendors (mostly VW) and prizes being raffled to raise money along with a live band for entertainment. Also this year "Dyno Don" from California will MC the event. For those that don't know, he is California's popular VW personality.

The award this year will be a limited edition signed and numbered poster that is being printed specifically for this event. We are going 3 deep in each class. Since the Air Cooled Porsche turnout has been light in the past, we usually group all Porsches into one class. Yes, I know, it's not fair to put 356's with 911's with 914's but, we reserve the right to alter the classes depending on the total number of cars per class.

Now before you get your Q-tips all fired up, I want to stress that this is real low key event with a very unstructured judging protocol (I'm the Porsche judge). We want this event to be fun for the whole family and consider it perfect for those who are looking for a nice day out, German beer and food and to help out with a good cause.

Here is the Website with directions, previous show pictures and listing of the day's events:

http://www.allaircooledgathering.com

Any questions you can e mail me personally at:

dmcdavey@aol.com

Hope to see you there!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
dcheek
post Sep 15 2010, 05:48 AM
Post #2

I just checked the weather for Sunday- Sunny and in the upper 70's.

So, you can't blame the weather for not showing up.

Any 914 owners coming? Let's here from you!
Tell me what you're bringing and where are you coming from.

Dave
+Quote Post
tod914
post Sep 16 2010, 07:31 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 170

Definetly attending Dave. Red 73 2.0. Looking foward to seeing you there. I believe Ray and Rorey will be attending too. Tim in a bus I think.
+Quote Post
dcheek
post Sep 17 2010, 12:58 PM
Post #4

This week my company printed the limited edition Poster/Award. They were signed and numbered yesterday. It will be on display on Sunday. We also have Jersey 101.5 coming to the event. They've been advertising on the radio all week. The German Swim and Sports Club has also made some improvement to the facility, like a gazebo, covered outdoor eating area and cleaned up the restroom/camping area.

Looking forward to seeing you Tod, and others. I hope we get a big 914 turnout. After all it is the only "VW Porsche" by name.

Dave
+Quote Post
dcheek
post Nov 19 2010, 07:21 AM
Post #5

Just a wrap up of the September 2010 All Air Cooled Gathering

We had 300 cars show up at the event this year, a new record! Also, the vendor and swap area was filled to capacity to the point that we had to park vendors in the show field.

I'm happy to report that our club, The Central Jersey VW Society presented a check in the amount of $5000 to Jersey Cares, the charity supporting our troops. Not counting this donation we have, through our past donations, been able to purchase over 25000 pounds of goods to ship to the troops in service overseas.

I want to thank all those 914 owners who attended, and again congratulate Tod for winning the Porsche class with his beautiful '73 914.

I hope to see more 914's next year. All are welcome.

Dave

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th May 2024 - 04:33 AM