Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Help! holes in the bottom of the front trunk, not rust related!
bradtho
post Sep 5 2010, 06:26 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,165
Region Association: None

Attached Image
I've got my work light underneath on the left so you can see better. There's a matching set on the right side that aren't lit up. They are shaped like a figure 8 (upside down in this view) meaning that it looks like someone put a small hole in, then decided they needed it bigger and offset. all 4 holes have this same size/shape.

First thing, any clue what these were for? Looking underneath, it appears that something was attached underneath, but the cars are so low I can't imagine what was attached.

Second, what would you do to plug them? I'm trying to prepare for the return of the rain (this is a DD). I was planning on just using some conical rubber stoppers, but the oblong shape is going to make that a non-starter. I'm afraid any kind of tape will just hold water and be worse than nothing at all. Is nothing at all my best shot?

It would be a real shame to let rust get started, it's in such great shape now.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 06:03 PM