Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OT: Dear Admins...
Bleyseng
post Apr 16 2004, 08:22 PM
Post #41

Aircooled Baby!

Group: Members
Member No.: 24
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Yes, for me this club site has enabled me to develope new friends across the world. I talk to them here about all kinds of varied subjects. Sometimes I do get a chance to meet these guys and girls in person at swap meets, club breakfast, tech sessions,races and just vacationing.
This fall was really special because I was able to meet Jeroen and Christy in Holland, get shown around his town, ride in his hot rod 911 and cement a friendship in person.
As far as I know there is no other place to do that but here on the net. So lets keep it friendly and with a personal touch.
Straight tech talk is boring after reading it for 9 years now. I don't know how many times I have read the same effin questions! (Is my 914 a VW or a Porsche?)
I really enjoy the banter the girls bring to this forum even if they are just the wifes of some of the kooky guys on here or car owners.
In the Seattle/Tacoma/Portland area this internet club has fostered a strong 914 club that will pitch in to help fellow teeners in a pinch. Wow, this place has really gone in the right direction so don't change a god damn thing.

Sean, I didn't know you were on the dgi net site or deadlist? When?

Geoff (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
seanery
post Apr 16 2004, 08:32 PM
Post #42

waiting to rebuild whitey!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 100
Region Association: None

i lurked the dgi site starting in early 99. bought/sold some stuff, too.
+Quote Post
jarbuthnot
post Apr 16 2004, 09:00 PM
Post #43

Senior Woman Driver

Member No.: 1,065

QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Apr 16 2004, 09:22 PM)
I really enjoy the banter the girls bring to this forum even if they are just the wifes of some of the kooky guys on here or car owners.

I started to get a little huffy <_< when I read this, (I'm not a wife, nor a kooky guy) then I finished the sentence. I am an owner, so I would put an embarrased smilie here if there was one.

This is a great board; some of the technical stuff is way over my head, some of it has been extremely helpful. But the best thing about it all, is the sense of family, belonging, whatever. It's a good feeling and I don't think it should change.
+Quote Post
Bleyseng
post Apr 16 2004, 09:21 PM
Post #44

Aircooled Baby!

Sorry, I love to tease women.. with my comments especially Jenny. She's a good sport for work fun.

Geoff - I don't know how Monique puts up with me sometimes....
+Quote Post
Jenny
post Apr 16 2004, 11:08 PM
Post #45

Advanced Member

Member No.: 96

Geoff~ eat my shorts (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bootyshake.gif)

I've met a handful of out of state guys that I know here. Geoff, Jamie Rust(?), Seanery, Ginter, Vegasracer and many more. All were extremely positive experiences. It really enforces my wanting to meet more club members in person. Everyone is so laid back, and I find we all have much much more in common than just cars. Most IHOP 914 breakfasts are't spent talking about 914s at all! WAY OT!! We should call it an OT breakfast, but BYOP (bring your own porsche) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Jen
+Quote Post
Gint
post Apr 16 2004, 11:24 PM
Post #46

Mike Ginter

Group: Admin
Member No.: 20
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Hi Jenny! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wavey.gif)
+Quote Post
Bruce Allert
post Apr 16 2004, 11:45 PM
Post #47

Hellions asleep

Member No.: 441

Buying Punkin was the best thing that ever happened to me cuz now, I have more friends than I've ever had in my life due to this site & the way it is. A garage BS session hit the nail on the head. This place is an enlargement of a get-together at JP's. It'd be great to find a GIANT garage big enough to hold all of us then put a keg of FAT TIRE in da middle (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

............b
+Quote Post
Carl
post Apr 17 2004, 12:37 AM
Post #48

Ummm ... what?

Member No.: 163
Region Association: Northern California

Even though we've pretty well flogged this thing to death I'll add a few comments:

I enjoy 914 owners because you work on your cars. It's not that the work itself is the issue, it's that you're hands-on with solving problems. You're not afraid to try things or get your hands dirty. Experimenting, trial and error, it's fun, educational and something we can share. It's not just owning a car, it's the process of owning it.

The internet is an enormous boost to 914 owners. There's no way I'd continue to own the car without this support group to help answer the technical questions.

That being said, what makes this place a "club" is the texture provided by the OT material. OK, so do everyone a favor and label the subject lines, but the quality of the exchanges is so much better when it's clear who you are. The off-topic material (well, some more than others) helps complete the picture I have of you. The more finished the picture, the more I understand and the more I think of you as friends.

Brad continues to surprise me. Whenever think that his only interest is the next car, the next rebuild or the next race, he makes a comment that strikes to the heart of this virtual club - that it's the cars that bring us here, but it's more than the cars that keeps us here.

Thanks to the Admins for their watchful eye but, mostly, thanks to all of you for creating a place where no day is complete without a visit.
+Quote Post
Bleyseng
post Apr 17 2004, 02:34 AM
Post #49

Aircooled Baby!

I'll bet Karl will push me out of the way to "eat your shorts" Jenny.

Geoff (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Apr 17 2004, 07:23 AM
Post #50

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

the same basic tech questions do pop up repeatedly and that's ok in my book. for the most part the ot posting is just sharing things that you think others might find interesting. my progression, lurking at dgi, stf, the bird, and 99% here now. due to a change of lifestyle most of my former friends are now acquaintances', none of them drove 914's anyway. through 914club i've met some great people i am sure i would have NEVER had the pleasure to know. if jerry seinfeld would just sign up and BUY ONE OF THE LAST 95 stickers my life circle would be complete (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) . this went ot and i'm wiping the tears of happiness from my eyes. ot forum? check out the bird's and play there (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) . neutered dogs, sad dog stories(could'nt even reply to that one), my stupid flora/yard pictures, peoples new houses, z's pickup, chickens i can't look due to dialup,... it's all good.

kevin
+Quote Post
seanery
post Apr 17 2004, 07:38 AM
Post #51

waiting to rebuild whitey!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 100

Chris C. If you know where to send one, I'll buy one for JS and his "collection".
+Quote Post
Bruce Allert
post Apr 17 2004, 07:39 AM
Post #52

Hellions asleep

Member No.: 441

QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Apr 17 2004, 01:34 AM)
I'll bet Karl will push me out of the way to "eat your shorts" Jenny.

Geoff (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

OOoooo! could this be the beginnings of a new poll?
Who has experienced edible shorts & what flavor were they??? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Don't look at me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) it's Geoff's fault (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

...........b
+Quote Post
Neal
post Apr 17 2004, 10:10 AM
Post #53

Member No.: 605

O.T brought me in contact with the Moon kittens who subsquently went on to Quiznos fame
I am eternally grateful. O.T's are the best and so is this board !
http://www.rathergood.com/moon_song/

Neal
+Quote Post
Neal
post Apr 17 2004, 10:12 AM
Post #54

Member No.: 605

On the preceding question.
1. Yes
2. Cherry

Neal
+Quote Post
tracks914
post Apr 17 2004, 10:23 AM
Post #55

Canadian Member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 153

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) I feel I have friends from all around the world. I don't always want to just know how you changed your doors but how you think about life, politics, sex, jobs, religion...I think you know what I mean.
I love this site and you guys just the way you are (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif)
I look forward to the day I can meet some of you in person and have a (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Doug
+Quote Post
dinomium
post Apr 17 2004, 11:07 AM
Post #56

Git on a chair son, all the good stuff is goin over yer head!

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 74

Ok, group hug time! and I WILL do anything to get out of mowing the lawn, this fills the "Hey, baby, if I can't buy that (insert part here) new, I have to find out how to fix it!" excuse very nicely!
+Quote Post
Brad Roberts
post Apr 17 2004, 11:47 AM
Post #57

914 Freak!

Member No.: 8

Just have fun. Its ok. These cars BEAT us up repeatedly.. I enjoy providing encouragement and guidance to people willing to tackle their own projects. I have been called the "Tony Robbins" of 914's several times. Dont let it sit. ASK questions. Find local people to you that can help you out in times of need. SLAM me when I'm wrong.. it doesnt matter. I refuse to follow what other sites have done.

How many other sites have admins from all over the world ?? The very first thing I did was delegate some of the load so we would have fresh views. There is NO way one admin can run a site and not lose his hair in the process. I felt that several good people needed to be involved to help this grow.

B
+Quote Post
jones
post Apr 17 2004, 11:59 AM
Post #58

Member No.: 1,751

I lurk here more than post and seem to have sense of all of you and look forward to what some of you might say (again, some of you (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif) ).That is largly because of the OT shit.
If I wanted to have just the facts of how-to, I would buy the service manual, not log on, and lock myself in the garage. It's all right there in the book.
Humans have this weird habit of socialization, and the need to be heard.
Power to the OT people (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th June 2024 - 09:55 AM