Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dead Dells-Advice Needed, New EFI Kit or Weber Carbs
wywl
post Sep 16 2010, 12:02 AM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,177
Region Association: None

h (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif) appened to have that pic with cookies on my computer so I posted it for a look at them. I did not have a pic woith phone dials, nor could I find any, but I think phones would llook good as well as the pans I mentioned. Personally I like the older gasburners, raders BRM's etc. on Ghias. Those or slammed on the ground with a set of NICE stock chromies with smooth baby moons shades.
http://www.eluxurysin.com/coach.html

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
realred914
post Sep 16 2010, 11:10 AM
Post #22

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 11,541
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Sep 15 2010, 08:36 PM) *

This year at least 10 people I know have gone to EFI because they could not manipulate carbs... Well guess what? Those people just thought they had issues with carbs, because they can't even grasp the concept of tuning a system with greater resolution points.

The best and worst attributes of EFI are the same- vast adjustability.

I have PEFI and Carbureted cars both. I appreciate both of them for what they offer and know the limitations of each, the strengths and weaknesses as well.. I grew up with carbs and points and still appreciate those, but I can tune Motec, Autronic, SDS, Haltech or Electromotive. I never recommend EFI to someone to solve carburetion issues.

If you can't sync or tune a carb, what in the hell are you going to do when you have a fuel delivery challenge with EFI??? I build as many engines with PEFI as I do carburetion, but the people that I build them for vary vastly in their abilities, experience and willingness to "fiddle"... Fiddling breeds issues, my goal is to keep the engine lid closed as much as possible for more than just checking the oil.

i ahve no probems with carbs, just is I have stock FI now and now do to a failed bearing I need a rebuild, the stock Fi is limited to about a 2056cc motor with limited HP increase, carbs could offer more so could aftermarket FI

I look at it this way budget says stock FI is way to go since i already have it,
914 mind says need more power.
timing says now is the time to get that bigger motor, I will o nly build this one up once!
california smog laws say i shoudl stick with stock FI (dispite the fact that an aftermarket FI might be cleaner) Unless someone has a CARB exemption for an aftermarket FI (currenntly my car is too old to be in the test program, but that can change at the whim of the so called leaders in the state house)

so what to do?

UHM??????? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th June 2024 - 04:14 AM