Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Buyer Beware - Auto Atlanta
dirk9141973
post Sep 21 2010, 08:19 PM
Post #41

Unregistered

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/type.gif) We all have cars over 35 years old and some day the limited parts are going to be harder to find and lot more $. We should thank George for keeping parts competive and cheap. E-bay stuff is often as only as good as picture.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
hydroliftin
post Sep 26 2010, 07:51 PM
Post #42

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,180
Region Association: Northern California

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)
QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Sep 20 2010, 10:27 AM) *

QUOTE(SLITS @ Sep 20 2010, 12:23 PM) *

Right ..... it's the constant bullshit from a supplier that causes people to post AND it is constant bullshit.

I have to agree as well. I only ordered once from AA, and never will again. Most places charge shipping by the order, AA ships in as many boxes as they feel like because they are charging you dearly for each one. Most places tell you they are shipping a reproduction part when you ordered OEM. Not AA, they ship you a piece that looks like crap and then let you "call the owner to work it out." The problem I had is that changes they made in my order were never communicated, and I would have canceled the order if I had known what they planned to do to me.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
JamesM
post Sep 27 2010, 12:07 AM
Post #43

Member No.: 5,834
Region Association: Intermountain Region

I had a similar issue with AA in reguards to shipping charges but i think the only real problem they have is in lack of communication about what you are actually going to be charged at the time you are ordering.

My case was a little more serious then $9. I ordered a single part online from them for around $250, and that was the only total given at the time of my checkout. I believe the part was backordered as it took quite a while to ship, then a few weeks later i have a ~$400 charge on my card from AA. Needless to say this was enough of a discrepency for me to call up AA and talk about it. The girl i talked to did what she could as far as looking into it for me, obviously their hands are tied as far as policy goes and shipping costs are what they are especally on large items, so i really have no complaints about that. What got under my skin a bit was that i had a chrage quite a bit larger then was given to me at the time of purchase that occured at an unexpected time 3 weeks later.

Now I dont really consider any of the charges I recieved to be unreasonable compared to other suppliers out there it just would have been less of a shock to me to know what the actual cost was going to be up front, or when the charge was going to take place, or both. Obviously increased shipping charges need to be passed on in order to stay in business, it would just be nice to not be supprised as to what these charges are at some unexpected time three weeks later.

I am sure most companies have some internal processes that could be improved upon, i think in the case of AA working to increase information given to and communication with the customer might improve the experince.

I dont see it as a deal killer for me and hope this is not viewed as AA bashing but more as constructive feedback for George. It would be great to see their customer service reach the same level as their parts availability and 914 knowledge.
+Quote Post
AndyB
post Sep 27 2010, 02:57 AM
Post #44

The Governor is watching me

Member No.: 11,595
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(JamesM @ Sep 26 2010, 10:07 PM) *

I had a similar issue with AA in reguards to shipping charges but i think the only real problem they have is in lack of communication about what you are actually going to be charged at the time you are ordering.

My case was a little more serious then $9. I ordered a single part online from them for around $250, and that was the only total given at the time of my checkout. I believe the part was backordered as it took quite a while to ship, then a few weeks later i have a ~$400 charge on my card from AA. Needless to say this was enough of a discrepency for me to call up AA and talk about it. The girl i talked to did what she could as far as looking into it for me, obviously their hands are tied as far as policy goes and shipping costs are what they are especally on large items, so i really have no complaints about that. What got under my skin a bit was that i had a chrage quite a bit larger then was given to me at the time of purchase that occured at an unexpected time 3 weeks later.

Now I dont really consider any of the charges I recieved to be unreasonable compared to other suppliers out there it just would have been less of a shock to me to know what the actual cost was going to be up front, or when the charge was going to take place, or both. Obviously increased shipping charges need to be passed on in order to stay in business, it would just be nice to not be supprised as to what these charges are at some unexpected time three weeks later.

I am sure most companies have some internal processes that could be improved upon, i think in the case of AA working to increase information given to and communication with the customer might improve the experince.

I dont see it as a deal killer for me and hope this is not viewed as AA bashing but more as constructive feedback for George. It would be great to see their customer service reach the same level as their parts availability and 914 knowledge.

James it doesn't matter. People are always going to bash AA that is something I have noticed. And those that do the bashing obviously must make a superior part and thats why they can. Funny though dont see them offering group buys for their stuff?
+Quote Post
Root_Werks
post Sep 27 2010, 09:34 AM
Post #45

Village Idiot

Member No.: 2,105
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(scotty b @ Sep 21 2010, 05:49 PM) *

I don't have the funds anymore to buy all the cool 914-6 stuff I use to. But I can say I appreciate that AA has spent all the R&D to re-create things like steel GT flares (Which I've installed like 4-5 sets now) and many other 914 hard parts.

Anybody can have a beef with any company, it happens.

I've honestly never had a bad experience with AA, GPR, PP or anyone else I order parts from. Maybe I'm just lucky that way....or maybe I know we're all friggin lucky to have vendors and retail places stocking parts for long-ago obsolete cars. Every time I order anything from anyone, I always thank them for stocking the part so I can keep my 914 on the road.

I tried really hard not to post on this thread hoping it would die, but here I am, keeping it going.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)
+Quote Post
bandjoey
post Sep 27 2010, 11:40 AM
Post #46

bandjoey

Member No.: 8,156
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE(scotty b @ Sep 21 2010, 07:49 PM) *

Ditto.
+Quote Post
JTarver
post Sep 27 2010, 01:25 PM
Post #47

Medium pimpin

Member No.: 11,559
Region Association: South East States

I heard about this one time..that a smile from George brought a dead puppy back to life.

True story.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif) Sorry George, I just had to break up the thread seriousnes for a minute.

Disclaimer: Georges smile may not actually bring puppies back to life, please consult with your local vet prior to using smile therapy. Offer not valid in Canada, Kentucky, or parts of California.
+Quote Post
mojorisen914
post Sep 27 2010, 01:34 PM
Post #48

Visit your local strip club

Member No.: 6,403
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

QUOTE(JTarver @ Sep 27 2010, 03:25 PM) *

I heard about this one time..that a smile from George brought a dead puppy back to life.

True story.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif) Sorry George, I just had to break up the thread seriousnes for a minute.

Disclaimer: Georges smile may not actually bring puppies back to life, please consult with your local vet prior to using smile therapy. Offer not valid in Canada, Kentucky, or parts of California.

It works in Kentucky too.
+Quote Post
charliew
post Sep 27 2010, 01:45 PM
Post #49

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,958

Good thing aa doesn't sell bowling balls for 100.00
+Quote Post
JamesM
post Sep 27 2010, 01:53 PM
Post #50

Member No.: 5,834
Region Association: Intermountain Region

QUOTE(JTarver @ Sep 27 2010, 11:25 AM) *

True story.

So George smiles when he sees dead puppies? Thats one i have not heard before. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)
+Quote Post
Mikey914
post Sep 27 2010, 08:04 PM
Post #51

The rubber man

Member No.: 3,348
Region Association: None

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Sep 21 2010, 07:34 AM) *

The FACTORY windshield top seal that we are selling just below 200.00 cannot be folded very well without breaking it (maybe that is why mikey sells the three piece repro unit for more money) so it has to go oversize to california

Just to clarify, my 3 part main targa seal is one piece, can easily be folded to fit into a flat rate med box, and is $179 shipped.
Not trying to hijack the thread, just wanted to clarify any misconceptions.
I generally don't read these threads, but a customer of mine thought I should provide clarification.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 03:40 AM