Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Temecula Area Dawn Patrol October Run, Tomorrow 0615
76-914
post Sep 26 2010, 09:16 AM
Post #1

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,964
Region Association: Southern California

OK, it's that time of the year again. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) Things have cooled down a bit, vacations are over, the kids are back in school and our cars are begging to be driven. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif) Last year we did Idylwilde, Rice Cyn Rd., the Ortega Pass, and Palomar to Borrego Spgs and back; that was a long one! In fact it was that trip that convinced me my car was ready for the 1600 mile RT for the RRC event.
I need to get somethings posted for our October run so I am taking suggestions. The mountains and their canyon roads to the north have been winking (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif) at me for a while now and I will probably draft something from those areas for the first run unless I hear from ya'll.
If your new to this site or haven't run with us before, welcome. Let me fill you in quickly. We are a group of mentally deranged (IMG:style_emoticons/default/screwy.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif) 914 misfits who (or is it whom) gather together once every month or so (weather permitting) for an early am spin in our bandaged up machines. These runs start early, usually 6am, and end early (10ish). The thought being: most of the traffic is still sleeping and we can be home before our "kitchen pass" expires. 914's just as other toys, are better enjoyed when mama is happy! It's a good time to chat, pick a fellow teeners brain if your experiencing 914 gremlins or share some of your own break thru's. Our trips always include a (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chowtime.gif) breakfast stop. Sometimes breakfast will be our destination, sometimes it will be our starting point. All teeners are welcome. Our group ranges from 17 to 70 and includes anyone with a passion for 914's.
BTW, Idylwilde will be repeated this year after a good snow!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
914-300Hemi
post Sep 26 2010, 11:38 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 6,794

Sounds like a great drive. Let me know when this will happen. Would love to take the teener out early in the morning to meet other teeners.

+Quote Post
Als914
post Sep 26 2010, 12:05 PM
Post #3

Lighting my way

Member No.: 5,346

I've been wanting to do this for some time since I am close ( Hemet ) but I just completed my engine rebuild. I am ready to go so let me know when.

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Cj Honeycutt
post Sep 26 2010, 02:59 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 12,020

When and where? id love to come. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Just replaced all the shift bushings and id love to take it out real early, i cant usually go to any of the drives around CA cuz i live in fallbrook but i guess i just found a run i can participate in
+Quote Post
'73-914kid
post Sep 26 2010, 08:00 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 9,714

I had to give up on soccer, so I'm good Kent.. let me know when and where.

My 914 seems to enjoy long trips more than I do..haha Any ideas for the first run?
+Quote Post
RiqueMar
post Sep 26 2010, 10:01 PM
Post #6

Enrique Allen Mar

Member No.: 9,478

I'm probably in, depending on the day.
+Quote Post
76-914
post Sep 26 2010, 10:02 PM
Post #7

QUOTE('73-914kid @ Sep 26 2010, 07:00 PM) *

My 914 seems to enjoy long trips more than I do..haha Any ideas for the first run?

Hey Ethan and everyone else. Yea I got some ideas but I was checking with you guys/gals for suggestions. If no ideas are offered up I'll assume the position of Supreme Commander and pick one. Just remember that I took us down a dirt road on that Palomar trip. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/slap.gif) Als914: You'll want to make the Idylwilde run, too. We meet in Hemet for that one.
and Cj and Hemi, (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png) stay tuned; we'll get something posted here this week. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif) The more the merrier. FYI, once we pick a route I will post it in the Events Calendar with all the info and contacts as well as here. BTW, You'll want to stay close to Ethan. He's not yet been corrupted and can hold an entire conversation without cursing a blue streak. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)
+Quote Post
phatnine11
post Sep 26 2010, 10:06 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 3,798

Kent,
Good to hear from you! Long time no type. If you're thinking of the San Gabriel mountains, let me know. I think most of the roads are open now and I know a few places for breakfast. Azusa would be a good place to start, but it's a ways from Temecula and let's not talk about how far from San Diego!
Cesar
+Quote Post
Als914
post Sep 26 2010, 10:20 PM
Post #9

Lighting my way

Member No.: 5,346

QUOTE(76-914 @ Sep 26 2010, 09:02 PM) *

QUOTE('73-914kid @ Sep 26 2010, 07:00 PM) *

Hey Ethan and everyone else. Yea I got some ideas but I was checking with you guys/gals for suggestions. If no ideas are offered up I'll assume the position of Supreme Commander and pick one. Just remember that I took us down a dirt road on that Palomar trip. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/slap.gif) Als914: You'll want to make the Idylwilde run, too. We meet in Hemet for that one.
and Cj and Hemi, (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png) stay tuned; we'll get something posted here this week. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif) The more the merrier. FYI, once we pick a route I will post it in the Events Calendar with all the info and contacts as well as here. BTW, You'll want to stay close to Ethan. He's not yet been corrupted and can hold an entire conversation without cursing a blue streak. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)

I'me a new comer to this patrol so I will trust your lead (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) ...... just get a GPS so you don't lead us down a dirt road, and I'me good (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) . And yes (IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) , I want to do the Idylwilde run when that comes up. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
'73-914kid
post Sep 26 2010, 11:09 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 9,714

I'm fine with a Palomar run.. I know all of those roads like the backside of my hand.. And I'm also learning where the level of adhesion ends with my car, so I'm quite a bit more comfortable pushing it..

I'd have to admit though, my favorite run to date has been the tight 2 lane twisties through the back roads of Rainbow..

Oh, and I can start making a logo for the group if you guys would be interested in vinyl stickers..

I may also be dragging my girlfriend along for the Idyllwild run.. she apperantly wants to go see snow, but in my car, so we'll see if she's up for it... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)
+Quote Post
76-914
post Sep 27 2010, 06:29 PM
Post #11

QUOTE(phatnine11 @ Sep 26 2010, 09:06 PM) *

Kent,
Good to hear from you! Long time no type. If you're thinking of the San Gabriel mountains, let me know. I think most of the roads are open now and I know a few places for breakfast. Azusa would be a good place to start, but it's a ways from Temecula and let's not talk about how far from San Diego!
Cesar

Hey Cesar, Sorry I didn't respond last nite. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif) I was playing favorites. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) I was short on time; what's new. Anyway, good to hear from you and yes I still want to lean on you to put together a "mountain ride" but I thought you might need a little notice. Is next month too soon? PM me w/ that info so we don't clutter this post.
+Quote Post
76-914
post Sep 27 2010, 07:07 PM
Post #12

OK the date is set Oct 16. We will do the Rainbow Run as it is very local and we have a few new local teeners so we'll keep them close to home for their first run. I'll bring an old Bosche fuel pump which I dissected in case anyone wants to see what's inside one. Check the events calendar on this site 0ct 16.
+Quote Post
shulew 3
post Oct 2 2010, 06:28 PM
Post #13

desert toy

Member No.: 11,902

QUOTE(76-914 @ Sep 27 2010, 06:07 PM) *

OK the date is set Oct 16. We will do the Rainbow Run as it is very local and we have a few new local teeners so we'll keep them close to home for their first run. I'll bring an old Bosche fuel pump which I dissected in case anyone wants to see what's inside one. Check the events calendar on this site 0ct 16.

Kent...back from the NW...took me awhile to find the thread...I'm in!!Will call ya for directions.

Thks, Lew
+Quote Post
silver74insocal
post Oct 2 2010, 06:57 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 11,073

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) im in for my usual sit warming position and cant wait to get out and yuk it up with all the usual suspects. i was truly sorry i missed the last few.

Cesar, the usual offer still on the table? you drive i ll pay for gas and breakfast

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif) Dave
+Quote Post
dscottj914
post Oct 2 2010, 07:24 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 12,194
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I'll be bringing my 914 to spend the winter in CA (from Michigan) and am going to miss this eventby a week! I'm bummed! I'll be looking forward to the next one and will plan to attend.
+Quote Post
76-914
post Oct 2 2010, 07:49 PM
Post #16

Lew and Dave; good to hear from you again and look forward to some more runs with you guys. Dave, I don't think Cesar has followed the thread since his post here. He hasn't gotten back with me yet so you might pm him. And dscott, so you don't have to search the threads, look at the events calendar here when you get back to find the next run. Look forward to meeting the new teeners.
+Quote Post
jim_hoyland
post Oct 2 2010, 09:26 PM
Post #17

Get that VIN ?

Member No.: 643

Good to hear your doing this again; I'm shooting for the Idlewild Run. Last year was a blast and the roads are perfect for the 914----

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
oldschool
post Oct 3 2010, 05:05 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 9,705

Very Cool now that the white car is running, I may be in...I do have a shoot pending,But I may have to replace my self? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) Attached Image
+Quote Post
76-914
post Oct 3 2010, 05:29 PM
Post #19

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Oct 2 2010, 08:26 PM) *

Good to hear your doing this again; I'm shooting for the Idlewild Run. Last year was a blast and the roads are perfect for the 914----

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif) Hey Jim, We'll definately do the Idyllwilde run again. Most likely January but who knows? It will depend on Mother Nature. I will pm for that one if I don't hear from you. And OldSchool can join us. With 2 white cars we'll appear to have cloaking devices in that snow. And to those joining us for their first time, you should see Jim's car. It's F'n nice. It makes me seethe.
+Quote Post
76-914
post Oct 13 2010, 06:59 PM
Post #20

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif) Just a heads up. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) This Saturday. If your a newbie, welcome. PM me for my cell # if you want. Otherwise, we'll see you (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif) at the Starbucks 0600-0630. Check Events calendar or begining of this post for all the details. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th May 2024 - 10:56 AM