Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Wayne Carini has a 914!, Well, sort of...
mburkhart
post Oct 25 2010, 08:01 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,364
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Spotted a 914 in a recent episode of Chasing Classic Cars ("Going Platinum!"). Wayne was restoring a 1972 Ferrari Daytona Spyder but the pop-up headlights weren't working. He pulled a working headlight motor from a wrecked 914 he had in his lot to fix the Ferrari.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 5)
Sleepin
post Oct 25 2010, 09:38 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,357
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Yup...we had talked about that a bit earlier:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...&hl=daytona

Pretty cool to see one on TV!
+Quote Post
Cap'n Krusty
post Oct 25 2010, 09:48 AM
Post #3

Cap'n Krusty

Member No.: 2,246
Region Association: Central California

There goes the neighborhood .......................

The Cap'n
+Quote Post
RFoulds
post Oct 25 2010, 10:55 AM
Post #4

Green Teen 66

Member No.: 10,656
Region Association: Southwest Region

I enjoy the show, and I met one of the producers. They are eager to ramp up the show but, it just seems like it could be more exciting. Wayne is pretty low key. Plus, I wonder if F40 Motors makes money or not? Wayne comes from family money so, its hard to tell if he has a profitable venture or he's just playing with the family fortune.
He often misjudges the selling price of his or clients cars at auction, letting them go for 220-30% less than he estimated.

I like to see episodes where he is after more affordabel exitcs, or really making a "find."

The episode last year about a Dusenberg find in an old garage just block away from Jay Leno's Burbank studios was a good one.

+Quote Post
ChrisFoley
post Oct 25 2010, 12:41 PM
Post #5

I am Tangerine Racing

Member No.: 209
Region Association: None

QUOTE(RFoulds @ Oct 25 2010, 12:55 PM) *

Wayne comes from family money

I don't think that's true. Wayne's father was a mechanic.
I know members of his extended family, and while they may be good with money, there was no family fortune for them to work from.

I did think it was pretty cool that a 914 part was used to fix a Ferrari Daytona convertible.
+Quote Post
mburkhart
post Oct 25 2010, 12:55 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 4,364
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(RFoulds @ Oct 25 2010, 08:55 AM) *

I enjoy the show, and I met one of the producers. They are eager to ramp up the show but, it just seems like it could be more exciting.

I'd love to see more in-depth on the actual restoration of the older cars that Wayne restores and resells. They seem to always show him finding a car, buying it for a bargain price and then skip right to the auction after his mechanic spends 10 minutes changing the oil and polishing it with a rag.

A bit more time spent showing what it takes to restore these cars, whether it's hours of elbow grease or big $$ sending the engine off to be restored by the factory would be fantastic. I'm thinking along the lines of an upscale version of the show "Wheeler Dealers" where they do things right while restoring these cars.

On the episode with the 914, Wayne went up to visit shop that was restoring the chrome on the Ferarri, but there wasn't a nice before/after shot, or even an hint about what a job like that cost. I did like that they featured a shop specializing in chrome replating.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th May 2024 - 02:02 AM