Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 5/16 Fuel Hose for 1.7 D-Jet, Source for SAE 30R9 (FI fuel hose) ??
jim_hoyland
post Feb 4 2011, 05:43 PM
Post #41

Get that VIN ?

Group: Members
Member No.: 643
Region Association: Southern California

How many feet does a typical FI car require, include any pieces for the front ? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I'm hearing that 10 feet is enough......?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
realred914
post Feb 4 2011, 06:26 PM
Post #42

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 11,541
Region Association: None

the 30R9 is still lined with a flouropolymer, some is blue (maybe discontinued) but some is black lined, so it is hard to see (but still detectable) the SAE specification calls out for a liner. all 30R9 will have some color of a liner, black, blue what ever

the 1/4 inch wont fit right, you may get it on, but it may also eventually tear.

the elbows from the factory as far as i know are NOT lined, and will degrade with todays mandated fuels (thanks to the envioro-nut jobs at CARB, be sure to vote out of office any legislator that supports CARB, get informed!)

You can simply use a striaght piece of 30R9, cut the right length and it will work, just cut the length so the radius does not totally pinch down, been doing that for a while, (many years) that will work for you, much better than using the curved hose of inferior quality from a degregation stand point.

some 30R7 hose is now being marketed with a warning "Not for fuel injection" this used to be the stuff to use, but not anymore.

flouropolymers..... better living thru better chemistry!
+Quote Post
914_teener
post Feb 4 2011, 06:41 PM
Post #43

914 Guru

Member No.: 9,489

QUOTE(realred914 @ Feb 4 2011, 04:26 PM) *

the 30R9 is still lined with a flouropolymer, some is blue (maybe discontinued) but some is black lined, so it is hard to see (but still detectable) the SAE specification calls out for a liner. all 30R9 will have some color of a liner, black, blue what ever

the 1/4 inch wont fit right, you may get it on, but it may also eventually tear.

the elbows from the factory as far as i know are NOT lined, and will degrade with todays mandated fuels (thanks to the envioro-nut jobs at CARB, be sure to vote out of office any legislator that supports CARB, get informed!)

You can simply use a striaght piece of 30R9, cut the right length and it will work, just cut the length so the radius does not totally pinch down, been doing that for a while, (many years) that will work for you, much better than using the curved hose of inferior quality from a degregation stand point.

some 30R7 hose is now being marketed with a warning "Not for fuel injection" this used to be the stuff to use, but not anymore.

flouropolymers..... better living thru better chemistry!

Yes...California fuels require the "reformulation" it does cause the non 30R9 to degrade. I am redoing all the FI lines in my car and couldn't find the Goodyear manufactured stuff here on the West Coast.

Thanks for everyone for their help....great forum.

Looks like the best source is Gates now which has a SAE tested number on it. I wasn't quite sure if the "Cleveland" sourced hose had the testing designation.

+Quote Post
76-914
post Feb 4 2011, 06:50 PM
Post #44

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964

When you say a roll you don't mention which size. Their website says it comes in 3 sizes, the largest of which is 250 ft. As far as bend radius (IIRC) 1/4" is .75in & 5/16 is 1". It's all on the Goodyear website. I may have misquoted. Better check it out.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
fasthonda
post Feb 4 2011, 08:29 PM
Post #45

914 Type R

Member No.: 1,544

I found the best deal for goodyear 30R9 @ Greasecar.com
+Quote Post
SLITS
post Feb 5 2011, 09:11 AM
Post #46

"This Utah shit is HARSH!"

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,696

QUOTE(elmonte @ Feb 4 2011, 12:16 PM) *

Found this on-line. Great price, but you have to buy a roll

http://www.europowerinc.com/cart/index.php...roduct&id=5

Tried to buy a roll ... it's a fake deal with PayPal Sandbox ... seller's email is bunk.
+Quote Post
jimkelly
post Feb 5 2011, 10:55 AM
Post #47

Delaware USA

Member No.: 2,460
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

see this ??

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...67843&st=20

jim
+Quote Post
elmonte
post Feb 5 2011, 01:58 PM
Post #48

Member No.: 499

QUOTE(SLITS @ Feb 5 2011, 07:11 AM) *

QUOTE(elmonte @ Feb 4 2011, 12:16 PM) *

Found this on-line. Great price, but you have to buy a roll

http://www.europowerinc.com/cart/index.php...roduct&id=5

Tried to buy a roll ... it's a fake deal with PayPal Sandbox ... seller's email is bunk.

Don't know what happened. Phone number is good. Did not try to order but home page looks legit. Maybe it was the link i supplied.

http://www.europowerinc.com/
+Quote Post
76-914
post Feb 15 2011, 10:35 AM
Post #49

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964

Just a quick update. I have been in touch w/ the folks at Goodyear re: this material. They have been quite helpfull in answering my questions and have agreed to send me a few samples of 1/4" and 5/16". I'll see how well these 2 sizes fit. The engine which I am rebuilding has a set of NOS injectors. That rubber must be 20+ years old so the elbows will be replaced w/ this new hose. I am hoping that the 1/4" fits and will deliver @WOT. I have saved my correspondence with them and will post in the near future.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
jim_hoyland
post Feb 15 2011, 11:04 AM
Post #50

Get that VIN ?

Member No.: 643

Has anyone verified that non-30R9 fuel hose actually degraded in their car ? I don't mean original fuel hoses that are 35 years old, but rather more recent replacements... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I checked a couple of hose ends recently ( non 30R9 ) and couldn't see any issues.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 07:37 AM