Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Timing and tuning help needed
jdogg
post Apr 23 2004, 05:22 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 204

Help! I set the timing on the car last night, but something doesn't seem right. When I set it to 27 btdc, the idle screams up to 3200 rpm. I had found both of the timing marks, so I verified my settings by dialing the timing light to 0 and then to 27, and hit both the marks on the money. Motor was warm, vacuum lines unplugged, and timing set at 3500 rpm.

Here are the specs on the motor: fairly recently rebuilt 2.0, D jet, (appears to be a '73 throttle body as it has a vacuum line to the backside of the vacuum advance on the dizzy) and it supposedly has a dizzy in it out of a 1.7, evidently the curve is different...

So my questions are WTF do I do? Should the timing be set differently with this distibutor? Is there another way to dial the idle on down? Am I totally out to lunch? I do have a proper 2.0 dizzy, maybe do I need to just pop that in and try it?

I tried turning the ECU knob, made no difference...the air bleed screw is cranked all the way in....the aar and cold start valve are plugged, decel valve is gone, no vacuum leaks that I can detect. What am I missing?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 04:24 PM