Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Corner balance, any tips?
tradisrad
post Jan 10 2011, 03:22 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,815
Region Association: Northern California

I am going to corner blance my 914 in the next week or so and I am looking for any tips that my help.

I picked up a set of Mad Racing scales, a Longacre caster/camber gauge and toe plates off of CL for $200. After I purchased said items I could not find a lot of info on the Mad Racing scales:

Attached Image

I did find that folks don't like these scales especially when compared to the Longacre digital scales. It also seems that there is a question about repeatability and accuracy with this type of scale. But they are what I have.

So, I would appreciate any advice on using these scales as well as the camber/caster gauge & toe plates.

My suspension set up is:
Elephant Poly Bronze x 4
GPR front bar
Stock torsion
Upper front monoballs
150lb Eibach springs w/ ground control
Bilstein shocks x 4
Turbo tie rods & bump steer.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(20 - 20)
PRS914-6
post Feb 19 2011, 09:09 PM
Post #21

Excellence Magazine Project 914 3.6

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 6,031
Region Association: None

The tires and wheels need to "float" or you have to roll the vehicle after each time it is jacked up. It makes a SIGNIFICANT difference. Note the red device on top of the scales when I corner balanced my car. They are ball bearing plates. With 2 fingers I could push my car around on top of the scales. You can also use grease between 2 pieces of sheet metal under the tire but you risk losing the car off the scales and hurting yourself if not restrained and they don't work as good as the ball bearing plates.
Attached Image
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st May 2024 - 10:17 PM