Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Rusto-ration Question of the Month...
Mike K CO
post Jan 14 2011, 12:44 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,467
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

If it looked anything like my other Pcar project:(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/i576.photobucket.com-12467-1295030668.1.jpg)
I'd say move on.

In another 5 years, your project will look like a piece of cake! Whatever you do, make you make the commitment before you blow it all apart. Makes it much harder to sell.

All of those "rust free" original cars are going to look like this in the future. You may as well MAKE your 914 truly rust free.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
EdArango
post Jan 14 2011, 01:01 PM
Post #22

914 Enthusiast

Member No.: 11,309
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Jan 14 2011, 09:08 AM) *

anyone posting here "thats not so bad" or " thats easy" or ...should also post some threads of how easily they did one. Im not gonna sugar coat that, its deep, but it can be done. there is a level of pride and satisfaction that comes with completing a project like this that runs as deep as this rust. clean worthy chassis are getting harder to find. I caution all those who believe that you can simply go out into a sea of abundant CA donors to find another. while you can find better, it just aint as easy as it used to be and clean or rust free is a relative term these days

I hear you Sean....And trust me I am sooo glad you don't sugar coat it. I'm on the mission to try to find a better tub. Sunday is the Pomona Swap Meet and I'll be going to see what I find. Let me know Sean if there is anything you want me to keep my eyes out for. Have you been able to get any work on the engine?

Keep me posted my friend.
Ed

p.s. Cuando vamos hacer el lechon?
+Quote Post
EdArango
post Jan 15 2011, 02:20 PM
Post #23

914 Enthusiast

Member No.: 11,309
Region Association: Southern California

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif)
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 10:53 AM