Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!
> FS 73 2.7 chevy conversion
66galaxie
post Jan 25 2011, 05:50 PM
Post #1

I'm new here ...

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,470
Region Association: None

I am finally ready to sell my 1973 914/Corvair conversion. Asking price is only $7,000, a fraction of my expense, but I am leaving the country for a few years, so rather than store..... See the pictures at:

terrys914.shutterfly.com

Body has 75,000 miles on it, from Colorado. I drove it to Alabama, my current location. Generally it has very good yellow paint, with sails, top, and rockers painted. Needs new weather seals. Interior is very good custom tan with wood console with radio, clock, CHT, oil pres, and oil temp gages. Leather steering wheel cover. Needs new carpet. and headliner. 5 Fuchs (4 lug 5 1/2 width) with good Firestone Firehawk GT 185/65R15 and Dunlop spare. Also have 5 yellow painted steel wheels with VW hubcaps in storage, which would be hard to get to, but possible. XM radio has been installed if you want it. Original radio still installed. Windshield is scratched, but no cracks.

Suspension is pretty much stock except for 21mm torsion bars. Stock front sway bar, which may be 19mm. Unknown rear springs. Stock brakes. I have BMW calipers if wanted.

Tranny is excellent sideshifter. Clutch has 3,000 miles and 7 lb flywheel. Shifting can be very quick.

Engine is a sweetheart. Rebuilt 3,000 miles ago. This one started at the Tonowanda engine plant as a Corvair 140 (4 carb, 140 hp). It is now reverse rotation, mild cam, bumped compression (9.3:1), staked valves, bored secondary carbs, all Rochester HV carbs rotated with solid progressive linkage, internally regulated alternator, pertronix ignition, low restriction 2 into 1 exhaust exits through the factory hole in the rear valance. Starts easy in the cold, runs cool, will run on regular, but prefers mid grade, provides full cabin heat, sounds loud. I use headphones plugged into jacks in the console to enjoy the radio if the sound of the engine gets old. Aluminum valve covers and oil pan. Leaks no oil, burns no oil. I run it without the engine shrouds, since it doesn't seem to make any difference in the engine temps.

No cutting or welding was done to the body for the engine swap. There is a little rust on the right long where the bottom seem is attached. I had the longs repaired in the paint shop, but missed this spot somehow. I don't think it is structural.

I am now replacing the foglight bulbs and exterior door handles. I am waiting for a warm sunny day to add more pictures to the website. Please take a look.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
66galaxie   FS 73 2.7 chevy conversion   Jan 25 2011, 05:50 PM
chuckc   pm sent   Jan 26 2011, 04:33 PM
66galaxie   Website updated with new pictures at: www.terrys9...   Jan 31 2011, 08:36 PM
Brett W   I can help the buyer with an inspection since I am...   Feb 1 2011, 11:55 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 06:35 PM