Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Are All D-jets Created Equally?, Changing from carbs back to FI...
knuckledrgr914
post Jan 30 2011, 04:51 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,180
Region Association: None

I have a '70 914, 1.7L, 96mm, larger cam (last time I searched for #'s on the cam it came back as a replacement for a 2.0). My current state is the PO converted the motor to carbs, left the carbs off while sitting outside and water got into the motor (sat there for years this way). I purchased the car ~ 3 years ago, cracked the case and found the water and rust did not get all the way inside. Purchased a rebuild kit (gaskets and bearings), new 96mm pistons, cylinders, rings to replace the seized/rusted ones, and there it sits. I would like to get it on the road someday, but $$$ is tight (imagine that (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) ).

My questions are...
1. Can I use any D-jet setup for my motor as described above (1.7, 1.8, ...)?
2. What parts will I need, and approximately how much will it cost, to convert to FI?
3. How difficult is it to convert from carbs back to FI (I have little to no experience working on 914's...)?
4. What are some gotcha's I will run into?

I am also open to keeping a carb setup, but currently I have to go the least expensive route and the least amount of time having to fiddle with adjustments once it is running. Later on I have bigger dreams, but right now I have to be realistic and I would like to start driving it before another 3 years has passed...

Thanks for your time!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 10:42 AM