Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Couple of off topic questions.....
Joe Bob
post Apr 28 2004, 10:34 AM
Post #1

Retired admin, banned a few times

Group: Members
Member No.: 5
Region Association: None

I'm looking for a 76 912E and a road bicycle forum.....

Since no one wants the 2056...simply gonna plug it in a 912E.....

Road bike forum....got tired of looking at my fat gut and have gotten back on the bike....so I have my older Masi bike for sale.....part out or complete, full Campy 8 speed and carbon fiber wheels.....

I bought a carbon/steel Lemond with ten speed Campy grupo...the bike is less stressfull on the back....getting old ya know?
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(20 - 26)
seanery
post Apr 29 2004, 11:50 AM
Post #21

waiting to rebuild whitey!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 100

The most important thing about a helmet is to get one that fits and wear it properly. I've seen too many idiots that cock them up in front. If they go down, their face is trash. There are lots of newer helmets that are vented and more comfortable than stuff just a couple years ago. As far as clothes go, if you are just starting wear some comfortable shorts and shirt. Once you are in for a while then go get some nice comfy padded shorts and bike jerseys. Shoes are important. Clipless are nice, but may be tricky to use the first couple times and you may fall occasionaly until you get it. Clips and straps work, but you can fall with them on as well. A stiff soled shoe makes your pedaling stroke more efficient, so I would recomend a cycling shoe.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
seanery
post Apr 29 2004, 11:51 AM
Post #22

I like Pearl Izumi clothing, but there are other manufacturers as well. A comfortable pair of gloves is a must, too.
+Quote Post
Joe Bob
post Apr 29 2004, 12:50 PM
Post #23

QUOTE(seanery @ Apr 29 2004, 07:40 AM)
are they stiff, stiff? or just stiff? how much?

If you mean the wheels, they are pretty stiff...I would compare them to a radial spoked wheel...I used a carbon fiber front fork and that evened out the the jolt.
+Quote Post
Joe Bob
post Apr 29 2004, 12:52 PM
Post #24

If interested in the wheels lemme know soon, Scott Carlberg is first in line....but otherwise they go on the evilbay.....soon.

Includes good Continental tires, tubes, 8 speed freewheel and fancy "Salsa" skewers....$200....I will pay shipping if I get my hats first..... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
tracks914
post Apr 29 2004, 02:50 PM
Post #25

Canadian Member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 153

QUOTE(seanery @ Apr 29 2004, 09:50 AM)
Clipless are nice, but may be tricky to use the first couple times and you may fall occasionaly until you get it. Clips and straps work, but you can fall with them on as well.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Some clipless manufacturers advertise that "you will fall a couple of times"
They are usually right. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
+Quote Post
seanery
post Apr 29 2004, 03:29 PM
Post #26

Mike, the wheels are nice, but the timing is poor for me. Seems like a good price, though.
+Quote Post
campbellcj
post Apr 29 2004, 09:44 PM
Post #27

I can't Re Member

Member No.: 21
Region Association: Southern California

You guys are giving me a guilt trip. I "used to" also ride pretty heavily, back in my 20's. Now I have a nice Specialized mtn bike sitting here...and I live right near some killer trails...with barely any mileage on it.

I did have a pretty bad crash (i.e., lower leg rebuild) back when I was 22, plus various other close calls with large vehicles and inanimate objects, that kind of distorted my perspective on the whole road bike thing. At least with mountain biking it's your own damn fault if you run into a rock or tree...I need to get out there soon.

So I was wondering why the trend back to carbon steel frames vs aluminum (flexy but light) or carbon (stiff and light but $$$)? I have not followed cycling much lately but it sounds like there are some technology developments of late.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 10:06 AM