Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Front suspension pan repair
real steel
post Feb 5 2011, 03:53 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,665
Region Association: None

Hi Guys,

New to this forum and am really impressed with the enthusiasm of its members.

I recently purchased a 71 914 and imported it to Australia (From The U.S.A). I have a lot of experience with 356's and 911's ( I restore them for a living ) I own many early Porsches but this is my first 914.

The car requires some basic restoration but I am uncertain that I will be able to dedicate the time to get it done . I have more than a few Porsche projects and need to decide to sell it as or keep it and restore it.

It requires some rust repairs to the sills and floors which parts seem readily available from U.S vendors

The front floor pan/ suspension mount area has had some previous rust repairs that are not up to standard. It is something I will need to rectify. I have not been able to find suppliers for this repair section. I understand the relationship with the 911 suspension set up but the floor is totally different.

How are you guys doing these repairs? Normally I will fabricate items like this for a non available part, but due to the fact it has had a previous repair there is little left of the original spare wheel well area.

I need to conclude as to the the qauntity of the hours required to do this car (or to not do it!) The only unanswered question is the front pan section?

Excuse my ignorance if my question has some sort of really simple answer! Australia never got the 914 and I only now of a very few cars here. This is certainly the first one in my shop

Look forward to your reply

Jason

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 09:40 AM