Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Bosser 914 Build Thread, Factory Ice Green Metallic Barn Find!! Pictures!
rnellums
post Feb 5 2011, 07:56 PM
Post #1

Professional Enthusiast

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,072
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Ok, As a preface, I have part of the 914world site for about a year and a half, but had owned my porsche for 5 years or so before I found this amazing resource. I figured that It was about time I started to document my work like everyone else on here seems to do. I'm not doing anything especially spectacular, but it will be nice to look back on this in a few years and have the whole journey in one spot! So enough of that, Hrere goes!

I bought the car in 2003 at the ripe old age of 14 for 900$. It didnt go, didn't stop, no electricals worked, the paint was peeling, and it had just been hit in the quarter panel by a forklift. But what can I Say, I was in love!
Attached Image

After a few years of polishing contacts to get the electricals to work I went to work stripping the car down for paint in 2005
Attached Image
I was able to get a great deal on the paint job, the only caveat was that it ended up being in the paint shop for around a year!
Attached Image
While the car was at paint I went to work rebuilding the engine:
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached File(s)
Attached File  2005_upholstry.bmp ( 183.65k ) Number of downloads: 111
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
3 Pages V < 1 2 3

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 06:11 AM