Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Mini Starter Problem, Won't disengage
jgara962
post Feb 7 2011, 10:18 PM
Post #1

Yo, this is how I roll

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,879
Region Association: Northern California

I installed one of thoese E-bay mini hi torq starters about a year and a half ago. It has just 500 miles on it and has worked great until last summer. I hadn't started the car in a while, and when I would start the car, everything was fine until it actually fired and the starter wouldn't disengage.

McMark suggested changing the starter button I had installed a few years earlier thinking that was faulty, but the problem continued. I did notice that the more frequently I started the car (every couple of weeks instead of months) that it would disengage quicker until if finally started working normally. Now that it has been sitting most of the winter, the couple of times I've tried to start it, the problem continues. Has anyone else experience this? Is it a lack of use issue? I e-mailed the company I got it from to see if they had any suggestions, but haven't heard back.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 09:38 PM