Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Clogged D-Jet Injector, How/Where to clean.
Britain Smith
post Apr 29 2004, 11:45 AM
Post #1

Nano Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 364

It appears that the recent introduction to autocrossing is causing havoc on my little 1.7 since it was previously living a plush life with an old guy. Anyway, one of my injectors had to be replaced with a used one last night because it was clogged. The used injector worked much better than the clogged one, but not as good as a brand new one. All the injectors were replaced with brand new ones not to far back and I would like to put the clogged new one back in if I can get it cleaned out and working correctly.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how or where to get an injector cleaned?

-Britain
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Kerrys914
post Apr 29 2004, 02:06 PM
Post #2

Dear, the parts I just sold paid for that part ;)

Member No.: 16

I would suggest

rich@cruzinperformance.com

He cleaned my 2.0L injectors and did a GREAT job. They came back looking like new. He also sends a performance test on each injector he cleans.

The price was around $50, giver or take depending on shipping.

Kerry H. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wavey.gif)
+Quote Post
Mark Henry
post Apr 29 2004, 05:07 PM
Post #3

that's what I do!

Member No.: 26
Region Association: Canada

You can always try my low budget, low tech, home made cleaner. It works!

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...leaner+vibrator

$50= shipping to have them pro-cleaned? How much are new ones?
+Quote Post
Kerrys914
post Apr 30 2004, 05:38 AM
Post #4

That $50 is for all 4 to be cleaned and to come back good as new and flow tested to insure their performance.

I'll scan in the test report if anyone cares to see it.

Cheers
Kerry
+Quote Post
lmcchesney
post Apr 30 2004, 07:26 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 1,381
Region Association: None

Mark, I just caught your post on the home made cleaning device. I would like you input. I load amo for my sons service rifle matches. We use a vibrating bowl to clean the brass. What would be your estimate if we placed an injector in a sealable container with FI injector fluid and placed it in the vibrating bowl for about an hour? I may be able to come up with a 3V source and connection to be contained in the sealed container to open the pentle. I would appreciate your thoughts.

Many regard rebuilt injectors to be no better than older. Brad shared a site that sells quoted new 2.0L injectors for $56.60each.http://catalog.thepartsbin.com/

Britan, I have four 1.7 injectors I no longer need. If you can use them, email me an address I can ship them to you.

L. McC
+Quote Post
Mark Henry
post Apr 30 2004, 08:08 AM
Post #6

that's what I do!

Member No.: 26
Region Association: Canada

QUOTE(lmcchesney @ Apr 30 2004, 05:26 AM)
Mark, I just caught your post on the home made cleaning device. I would like you input. I load amo for my sons service rifle matches. We use a vibrating bowl to clean the brass. What would be your estimate if we placed an injector in a sealable container with FI injector fluid and placed it in the vibrating bowl for about an hour? I may be able to come up with a 3V source and connection to be contained in the sealed container to open the pentle. I would appreciate your thoughts.

Many regard rebuilt injectors to be no better than older. Brad shared a site that sells quoted new 2.0L injectors for $56.60each.http://catalog.thepartsbin.com/

Should work, you might have to put a non-slip mat or something to stop it from slipping around.

Opening the pintle may help but the wires could come off, if you try this use a non-flamable solvent!
I don't know if holding the pintle open like this (for a long time) will hurt it or not. I also don't know if the fluid would/may cause a dead short.

One thing I did find is if the pintle if frozen it's toast, out of 8 injectors with frozen pintles only 1 freed up. This was with 8hrs on each injector! With a blunt pin you can push on the pintle and feel it open.

That $50 is for all 4 to be cleaned and to come back good as new and flow tested to insure their performance.

My bad, Britain was talking about 1 injector so I thought you meant each.

The price of injectors have come down so if you have real crusty injectors I'd just get new ones.
+Quote Post
Kerrys914
post Apr 30 2004, 09:27 AM
Post #7

I think the actual price is $11/ injector and that includes a new screen, tip piece, and genral referbishing of the injector.

The black plastic piece on one of my injectors tips was loose and came off in my hand.

He replaced the screen and installed a new tip piece.

I had one known bad injector but sent all 4 off to be cleaned. My little 2.0L runs so much better now. I thought I had other issues with my engine but if must have been the injectors.

CHeers and best of luck.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th May 2024 - 12:46 AM