IPB WARNING [2] reset() expects parameter 1 to be array, boolean given (Line: 1592 of \sources\action_public\topics.php)
IPB WARNING [2] Invalid argument supplied for foreach() (Line: 1594 of \sources\action_public\topics.php)
914World.com - The largest online 914 community!
Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How done would you like it..., If you were buying a 914.
If you decided you were going to spend a fair amount of money on a 914, which would you pick?
Total Votes: 0
Guests cannot vote 
Mueller
post Apr 29 2004, 10:22 PM
Post #21

914 Freak!

Group: Members
Member No.: 87
Region Association: None

I would like option 2 or 3, my wife would like me to have option 1 as would many other S/O's I would think (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Reasonable rate fin. might be difficult for many people. Anyone have ideas what Nissan charged for cars and fin. when the offered the 240Z rebuilt/refurbed about 10 years ago.

Did they take a bath with that venture?

There must be a market for something like this, otherwise, AA wouldn't be charging what they do for some of thier cars.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Hawktel
post Apr 29 2004, 10:54 PM
Post #22

Group: Members
Member No.: 506

I think for simplicity you should run two options.

First, I'd have a "spec" set for the cars. You could get

1) Tub, Acid dipped, Rust repaired, Body worked, Primered, and you order the color, and its $5000, If the person wants a expensive paint, they pay more.

2) Complete car. A stock car, painted 1 of 5 colours (Red, Black, White, Blue, Green, Silver) With a set engine. I'd leave it at a basic group option., No console, No radio, No sail Vynal, No Spare, Basic 3 color interior, Black, Charcoal, or Tan.

The completed car should leave open to the purschaser options to complete the car. And where is the best place to get those options? The place that sold him/her the car.

Ideally for the completed car, if you could get it so it cost ~10,000, and had a warrenty of some kind, I think you could sell them. For the engine, I'd look for getting a 100 HP plant, that is reliable as the day is long, and is cheap. I don't know where you would find these.

Your business plan could be just that, Buy a completed 914 to drive while you work on the project teener. Buy one for your GF thats bugging you, or your kids, or wife. If your not a huge DIY, well the hard parts all done. You just have to the minor things, and you have a complete resource here to help with it.

And cause you will have a Teener come race it with us, and get involved in events, and such.

10K. Your not just buying a car, your buying a lifestyle.

Just my thoughts.
+Quote Post
anthony
post Apr 29 2004, 11:01 PM
Post #23

2270 club

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 218

I think the upper range of the prices is more realistic than the lower range. If you could provide me with a "perfectly restored chassis" for $4K I'd put my order in tomorrow. For $6K I might have to think about it for a while before I said yes.

For a perfectly restored chassis I'd expect paint as good or better than a new factory paint job was.
+Quote Post
Rusty
post Apr 30 2004, 12:47 AM
Post #24

Wanted: Engine case GA003709

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

Hey Mark...

Whatever answer I give will be wrong. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Go have a burger... how about that Big Kahuna Burger? (burger trivia question (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) )

-Rusty (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smoke.gif)
+Quote Post
anthony
post Apr 30 2004, 12:58 AM
Post #25

2270 club

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 218

Pulp Fiction!
+Quote Post
seanery
post Apr 30 2004, 06:05 AM
Post #26

waiting to rebuild whitey!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 100
Region Association: None

Royale with cheese
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th May 2024 - 07:59 PM