Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> #4762900394 Kaput, Who wants the car-cass?
sixerdon
post Apr 30 2004, 07:08 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 731

A friend and I stripped apart his '76 a few days ago. What's left you ask? The entire welded body. Very good quarters or front & rear halves. No suspension left. This is free for the taking for anyone with a flat bed. A fork lift can be made available. Carcass is located in Westport MA. This is good for anybody wanting body panels or sections. First come....etc. Carcass will end up at the crusher next week if no one claims it. I have no room left in my yard. Let me know and I will provide details and contacts.
The rest of the parts are for sale.
Don
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
djm914-6
post Apr 30 2004, 09:51 AM
Post #2

Happiness is: Getting on the road

Member No.: 248
Region Association: None

Any way I can just get the fenders if they're in good shape?

I need Drivers front and rear and passanger rear. I'll make up my list of other parts needed from you and bring some dough down your way.
+Quote Post
Joe.D
post Apr 30 2004, 11:14 AM
Post #3

MCMLXXIII MCCM

Member No.: 830

Is the front trunk floor any good? I need the oh-so-popular AC repair section. Anyone know for sure if a 76 transpant into a 74, or do the big bumper mounts result in a different floor shape?

I'm not sure who I'm asking here. If djm takes the whole carcass, I'd be happy to bring a (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sawzall-smiley.gif) down to a (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sawzall-smiley.gif) party in Burlington.

Joe
+Quote Post
sixerdon
post Apr 30 2004, 08:24 PM
Post #4

joe,
I think the trunk floor is similar depending where you cut it. I'm going by there tomorrow and will look at the floor again. I know it's whole and decent.
Dave,
The fenders are good. I'll talk to the guy and see if he can manage a cut up for $. I'll get back to you tomorrow evening.
Don
+Quote Post
sixerdon
post May 1 2004, 06:03 PM
Post #5

Went over to the carcass today to pull some more parts off it.
Got a nice dash. The front trunk floor is decent enough to be used in any repair. Still fully painted (white). No rot. All four corners (fenders) are usable and can be cleanly cut. Doesn't seem to be any bondo. One issue. The lower forward edges of both rear fenders had been cut out because of the R factor. Probably six by six inches. I've seen 914's in much worse shape being restored on this board. Shop owner has put it on the edge of a junk pile while he proceeds with construction on his building. He's patient to a degree. He's more than happy to load it up on a trailer or flat bed with his fork lift. He'll be open Monday.
Don
+Quote Post
4WheelDrifter
post May 1 2004, 10:48 PM
Post #6

Having a mid-life crisis @ 35

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,934

I'd love the dash top if there are no cracks. Also the Tagra pad that goes along the top front of the roll bar. I could come get them if need be. PM me if these parts are good, how much and how to get them.
+Quote Post
sixerdon
post May 3 2004, 09:30 AM
Post #7

The carcass now resides in Fairhaven about 50 feet from the shore line. A friend and I just delivered to his house. Panels are still available if there is still interest. He's going to take sections for his '74 but won't need all of it. If you want to pursue the panels, PM me and I will forward you contact info.
If no one wants anything, then we might experiment to see how long it takes the salt air to disintegrate it. (If a hurricane don't get it first)
Don
+Quote Post
djm914-6
post May 3 2004, 10:18 AM
Post #8

Happiness is: Getting on the road

Member No.: 248
Region Association: None

I suppose I'll pass on this one. I really only want complete pieces for now.

Thanks,
+Quote Post
elocke
post May 4 2004, 07:41 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 272

I could use a right lower sail panel piece, hopefully shown in the photo. Not sure when exactly I could get it or if it would be mailable, but if you're up for doing the cutting thet would be great.
Ed

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:59 AM