Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Shop etiquette
hot_shoe914
post Mar 14 2011, 07:35 PM
Post #21

on ramp passer

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,354
Region Association: None

I'd pull the tranny at home and dump the entire thing, gunk, grease dirt and all into a large rubbermaid tub, tape that bitch shut, drop it off at Greyhound with the Evil doctor's address on it with a note that say "Fix this bitch" and sit and wait for an awesome tranny to return. I'm sure you will save a ton of money! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
JStroud
post Mar 14 2011, 08:08 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 12,594
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Mar 14 2011, 06:35 PM) *

I'd pull the tranny at home and dump the entire thing, gunk, grease dirt and all into a large rubbermaid tub, tape that bitch shut, drop it off at Greyhound with the Evil doctor's address on it with a note that say "Fix this bitch" and sit and wait for an awesome tranny to return. I'm sure you will save a ton of money! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)
+Quote Post
patssle
post Mar 14 2011, 08:17 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 10,741
Region Association: None

Actually the price is about the same as Evil. And the guy is one of the top rated Porsche guys in Houston by other air cooled folks. Otherwise I probably would send it off.

Went through and cleaned a bunch of crap off tonight. It wasn't too bad, most of it came off surprisingly easy.

Get r fixed and back on the road for this awesome weather!
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Mar 15 2011, 03:49 AM
Post #24

Send me your transmission!

Member No.: 1,372
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

That is good news (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Happy motoring!
+Quote Post
sean_v8_914
post Mar 15 2011, 07:36 AM
Post #25

Chingon 601

Member No.: 3,541

from my shop's point of view:
if your engine is nasty I will ask you to wash it, giving you the opportunity to save labor costs. I will also offer you a hands off option if you dont want to get grease splashed in your face

in san diego there are only 2 legal car wash places with legal engine wshing station. one is at 52nd and El Cajon, less than 2 miles from teh shop. the water is recycled, oil separated and also recycled

if the trans is coming out than its a waste of time since I load the whole thing in my parts jet wash machine.

...car comes in super clean, inside and out. I know this guy loves his car. Im going to make sure I mask, glove, cover and clean. I can see everything on a clean engine. I can trace leaks. I have a more positive attitude wile working on a car that does not get me gooey and does not chunk up my shop floor.

we all have time and money. some have more of one than the other. how we spend it should be our choice. I try to give my customers options. some of my customers work with their brains all day and welcome the oportunity to go primal under a greasy car.

some of my customers tell me to "handle it" while showing me their manicured polished finger nails....and I see you reading this (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
sean_v8_914
post Mar 15 2011, 07:37 AM
Post #26

Chingon 601

Member No.: 3,541

PS> ask him if he has a patrs washing machine
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 12:55 AM