Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> No 1st Gear, Need some help
schweggy
post May 2 2004, 11:55 AM
Post #1

angry old white guy

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,193

I lost 1st gear in my 2.0 the other week. I'd like to fix it myself, but don't know squat about transmissions. I know there are a number of "easy" things to look at, like the bushings, but I'm honestly not sure where to start.

I spoke with some folks at the last Marina AX event and "High Performance House" in Redwood City was mentioned as a possible shop, but it's a little out of my way. Any 914club members have feedback on the shop one way or another?

So, if there is anyone on the board who's willing to share experience in exchange for beers and lives in or around the Monterey, CA area contact me.

Or, if you know someone who has a shop or space (my issue, no space) and the time to work on my car and is also in the area, I'd like to talk to you as well.

BTW was at the Sports Car Inventationals Sat. A 914-6 was 3rd in the first PCA club race. Also saw my first "drifting" event... very strange, but somehow I can see where it'd be fun.

TIA
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 05:48 PM