Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PCA Winery Tour, road trip
STL914
post May 2 2004, 04:39 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,271
Region Association: Upper MidWest

My wife and I took part in the ST. Louis Region's first road trip today, a winery tour. Out of 15 cars, ours was the only 914, which has typically been the case since we joined 6 years ago. There are at least 8 914 owners in the group, but we never see another 914.

The drive to the winery followed some terrific winding roads. Temperature was about 55, suny was shinning and of course, top was off. Great morning for a trip.

Lead car was a 79 911 Targa, we opted to be the tail end to avoid holding anyone up. Half way there, while stopped at a stop sign, the second car, a 90 911, dropped to the rear. He was the bottle neck. My wife and I stuck like glue to the group with no problems. These little cars of ours can eally take the curves. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

Once we arrived at the winery, driver of the car in front of us said he was impressed in how our 4 banger kept up. I guess he noticed us in his rear view mirror not too far away from his bumper. In fact, after one turn, I had to apply the brakes to avoid being part of his bumper. Life with a 914 is good!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 12:18 PM