Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Fuel vent hose, Fuel smell in car
mgphoto
post Mar 27 2011, 11:30 PM
Post #1

"If there is a mistake it will find me"

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,225
Region Association: Southern California

Hello,
I've had a problem with gasoline fumes coming into the cabin from the front trunk. I would fill the tank and sometimes forget and park the car at the curb, my street is pitched slightly from the center and slopes to the curbs, this makes the filler neck on the tank a few inches lower, this causes the fuel to run into the expansion tank. I wanted to replace the hose from the expansion tank as it has become brittle and cracked from age. I went to Bill and Steve's Superstore in Downey CA, to pick up a length of hose, ( they have thousands of VW parts ).
I spoke with Robert, who know exactly what hose I was taking about, "your getting the fuel fumes inside the car right?" yes I said, and he said "that is because the fuel is running through the hose", he told me to solve that problem "all you have to do is make a loop in the hose, and have the top of the loop higher that the filler neck."
See photos below.

Attached Image

Attached Image

Brilliant, the fuel will not run though the hose and the fumes are gone.
Just thought I would share this with the group.
Mike
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
mgphoto   Fuel vent hose   Mar 27 2011, 11:30 PM
Tom_T   If the fuel vapor control system's hoses are a...   Mar 27 2011, 11:47 PM
jaxdream   Having the right cap won't keep the fuel from ...   Mar 28 2011, 07:16 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 09:05 PM