Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Model Specific Information

914/4: 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 914/6: 70 71 72

> a cleaning conumdrum..., advice sought
1970 Neun vierzehn
post Mar 29 2011, 07:52 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,727

Without going into the why and wherefore, the 914 has gotten itself covered in a fine (poor adjective, there) coating of concrete dust. After removing much of it with a v. powerful leaf blower, I am still left with this very thin layer of dust.

Being reluctant to "flood" the whole car with water and thereby possibly relocating this contamination into all the crevices of weatherstripping, body cavities and the (still clean) engine compartment, my best thinking is to utilize "Griot's Spray-On Car Wash". Having used this product a few times on both my motorcycle and the 914 to remove both light dust and minor road film with no adverse effects, I'm disposed to use this product very carefully, using clean micro-fibre rags and not allowing any foreign material absorbed by the rags to be re-introduced to the cleaning process.

Any suggestions or advice is welcome and very much appreciated.

And Pat, don't suggest dry paper towels to wipe the car off with........that's absurd, think of the environmental impact of those towels going into a landfill! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 04:04 PM