Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Clutch dragging when hot, Throw out the culprit?
aircooledboy
post Apr 7 2011, 02:19 PM
Post #1

Sweet Pea's 1st ride in daddy's "vroom -vroom"

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,629
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Hey boys,
Anything interesting going on here lately? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stirthepot.gif)

Oldest kid got her license today (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif) , which through a series of comical complications required me to unexpectedly need to drive the 914 so she could use my car today. While it was great to get the old girl out for the 1st time of the year, I was reminded that when I put her away last year, I noticed a problem might be starting.

When I 1st start out for a drive, it shifts great. by the time I get to the office and the car is good and warmed up, when I put the clutch in, I can feel it not quite completely releasing. Sitting at a stop, in gear, clutch in, I can feel it dragging a bit, car "grumbling" a little as I sit. When it did this at the end of last season, I tightened up the cable a little, but no change. I checked the clutch tube, and it's still solid and stationary at both ends. I'm thinking throw out bearing, but my time is so limited the days, I don't have the luxury of not getting it right on my first repair attempt. I doubt my initial diagnosis because I don't hear anything when I step on the clutch, and I've alway been able to hear a bad throw out before I've felt it.

Any ideas?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 06:12 PM