Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> craigslist 911 ad copy, this fella shoulda been a writer
peridotian
post May 4 2004, 05:02 PM
Post #1

Unregistered

An extremely well cared for '77 911S with a mint 3.0 motor and all the goodies to go along !

A few words by way of introduction... I am what you would call a Porsche enthusiast. I don't recall ever receiving official titles, but I must qualify since my family and I have owned over 40 Porsche automobiles spanning 30 years and a couple of continents. I still remember my uncle in Geneva back in the 70s, the eternal juvenile, on his way to our Sunday lunches in his silver 356 snaking his way up our driveway. He used to always do a signature slide in second as he made his way around the final hairpin, slamming the brakes hard just short of the garage. He never brought cake...

I remember the red on black '89 Turbo I drove every day from Bamberg to Nuremberg (at 145 flat) the year I worked in Germany. My boss owned a 959 and it was the summer Germany had won the world championship soccer, this, in a country that encouraged you to drink as much as possible then drive as fast as possible. I remember the changes from the SC to the 3.2, the year the new G50 gearbox came out, the introduction of 5 speed turbos and later all wheel drive. These cars have always been a part of my life, punctuating the passage of time. I may not remember who was President, what song topped the charts, or who was in the playoffs that year, but I sure remember if I had a 312, an 87 targa, or a 944 turbo S.

I digress...

Porsches to me signify the pure and simple fun of driving something Spartan, rear wheel drive, with lots of broad power and the engine in the wrong place. If you want an Audi, buy an Audi. Porsches are mechanically superior and aesthetically perfect. Sadly, today's Porsches have departed from what was a thoroughbred lineage derived and perfected through decades of work on the track and on cobblestoned European backroads. In my mind, Porsches of the 90s tended more to marketing pressure than to enthusiast desire. Porsche folk felt betrayed. The Cadillac-ization of the bloodline continued and so did our lust for older models.

The right Porsche is kind of like having found the perfect woman; attractive, simple, reliable and fun. Someone to stick with you through thick and thin, someone you can trust and have them trust you back.

So, here she is, and looking for a good home. All the right things were done, no monkey business, and nothing over the top. In with a bulletproof 3.0 liter off an 78 SC, short shift kit, rear sway bar, and 15 inch Fuchs. She has 178k very well cared for miles, a few paint chips here and there, the front seats could use new leather, otherwise, compression is perfect, driving is tight, clutch, synchros, brakes, power, as good as new.

Meticulous records kept, handwritten notes and shop receipts, $40,000 worth. It's all there and in great working order complete with a signed certificate of authenticity from Frederick J Schwab, Porsche's N.America CEO. CD player with amplifier. Garaged and covered

Don't take my word, come see for yourself. More pictures available.

Daydreamers need not apply.

Serious buyers with cash offers are welcomed
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
peridotian   craigslist 911 ad copy   May 4 2004, 05:02 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 08:35 AM