Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OT 2000 Jetta... anyone have experience with one, Co-workers daughter thinking of purchasing
Hammy
post Apr 25 2011, 01:44 AM
Post #21

mr. Wonderful

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,978
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(tradisrad @ Apr 21 2011, 07:30 AM) *

Also she has an issue when the the gas gets below 1/4 tank the car likes to stumble and cut out for a few seconds. I've not solved this problem yet.

'03 2.0 Jetta and I have the same problem... Never correlated it with a low gas tank but I tend to be under 1/4 all the time anyway (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) This little problem gets REAL interesting in heavy traffic or on the freeway. Does it stumble out and completely die? Or stumble down as if it were idling? Mine does both.
Also it's an automatic and just started slipping bad at 85k. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
tradisrad
post Apr 25 2011, 07:51 AM
Post #22

Member No.: 6,815
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(Hammy @ Apr 25 2011, 12:44 AM) *

QUOTE(tradisrad @ Apr 21 2011, 07:30 AM) *

Also she has an issue when the the gas gets below 1/4 tank the car likes to stumble and cut out for a few seconds. I've not solved this problem yet.

'03 2.0 Jetta and I have the same problem... Never correlated it with a low gas tank but I tend to be under 1/4 all the time anyway (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) This little problem gets REAL interesting in heavy traffic or on the freeway. Does it stumble out and completely die? Or stumble down as if it were idling? Mine does both.
Also it's an automatic and just started slipping bad at 85k. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

It has not died out on her, but she has not been stuck in traffic with it. It seems to kick on after a few seconds. I found a post onvwvortex where another guy has the same problem, but no solution was ever posted. I told the wife to keep the gas above 1/4 tank.
+Quote Post
EdArango
post Apr 25 2011, 11:56 AM
Post #23

914 Enthusiast

Member No.: 11,309
Region Association: Southern California

I own a 2004 Jetta GLI 1.8T and love it!!! The best car I've ever owned...Yes, I had the coil issue but VW had a recall and fixed it no problem. I have a Neuspeed cold air intake and the car is chipped...Lots of fun and fast... Well, fast for a Jetta. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)

Attached Image

+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th June 2024 - 12:06 PM