Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Gauges, oil press, oil temp, Cyl head temp
ChrisReale
post May 13 2004, 12:02 AM
Post #1

Sleazy

Group: Members
Member No.: 176

What do you consider a necessity, besides a fuel gauge?

Porsche obviously felt an oil temp gauge was important in the 914, and a pressure/temp in the 911. I know Jake Raby likes the cyl head temp gauge, but Porsche didn't seem to think it was as important. Now that I think about it, Rich Bontempi's race car has all three, plus exhaust temp on all 4 exhaust ports....
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(20 - 22)
Bill Shaw
post May 14 2004, 08:01 AM
Post #21

Member No.: 1,013

After reading the posts I've decided to go wild and get oil pressure, voltmeter and CHT gauges to add to the console. Was looking online for info on prices and such and found that VDO makes about a dozen different sending units for 0-80 oil pressure gauges, with all kinds of different thread sizes. Anybody know what thread size the stock oil pressure sender uses? I'd like to avoid having to take the air cleaner housing off twice - once to measure so I can order the sender and again to install the new one. It would be really great if someone knew the VDO part number for the dual sender (gauge and light), but having the thread size would be a big leg up. Thanks.
+Quote Post
Chris H.
post May 14 2004, 08:34 AM
Post #22

Member No.: 73
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Bill,

Great minds think alike! I am going to get CHT and oil pressure gauges as well. I'd be very interested in what you find out and where you get the stuff. I will post any info I get regarding the dual sender, etc.

Chris H.
+Quote Post
tat2dphreak
post May 14 2004, 08:49 AM
Post #23

stoya, stoya, stoya

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 792
Region Association: Southwest Region

me, I'm pulling my voltmeter and clock for CHT and oil press. the volt idiot light is enough

pelican has the dual oilpressure sender and gauge...
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 05:23 PM